• Prepares aircraft surfaces for painting by cleaning, scraping, sanding and then treating the metal with alumiprep and alodine.
• Applies aerodynamic sealer, and masks the aircraft using tapes and paper products (to protect windows, seals, struts, cables, etc.) in preparation for the paint process.
• Mixes, blends and thins paint products, per the manufacturers’ maintenance manual specifications.
• Applies paint to the aircraft interior and exterior surfaces. (Paints include: urethanes, acrylic urethanes, enamels, lacquers and epoxy paints.)
• Interprets specifications, color sketches, and instructions and plans sequences, and times the paint operation. This includes mixing ratios, surface preparation, papering and masking, drying time, number of coats, etc.)
• Maintains painting supplies and equipment, including spray guns, air hoses, pumps, paper, and tape.
• Documents all work accomplished (a.k.a. sign-off) in a clear, concise and accurate manner.
• Responsible for knowing, understanding, following, promoting and continuously improving company policies and procedures.
• Works fair share of overtime and travels to customer locations or other Standard Aero facilities as required.
• Observes all safety, environmental and general housekeeping rules and policies.
• May perform other duties as required by the department
Aircraft Painter (Minimum of 5+ years of experience)
HS Diploma or GED Required
Must be flexible on shift.
As an employee of Strom Aviation, you will receive benefits including holiday pay, longevity pay, access to a 401K program and insurance coverage (medical, dental, life, disability). We offer travel pay, bonuses, and other incentives for some positions as well. A referral is the best compliment we can get, and Strom Aviation offers 2 different referral programs for our employees.
Our recruiters strive to connect qualified individuals with opportunities. With hundreds of jobs across the nation, Strom offers opportunities no matter where you are.
Contact: Strom Jobs