- The CNC Programmer reports to the Production Manager and is responsible to use MasterCAM software to prepare programs for prototype and production run parts on multi-axis (including 5 axis) CNC controlled machines
- Will work with the planning department to provide optimal efficiency for part runs within parameters set by Management in order to have parts programmed and ready to run per established schedules
- Operates in compliance with company safety practices
- Performs other duties as assigned.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Construct programs necessary to produce parts, tools and fixtures from provided drawings and models.
- Provide Set up sketches and tool lists for all part programs.
- Use standard tool list to provide accurate tool description for “kitting” the job(s).
- Provide information as required to purchasing to ensure necessary tools are on hand when part production begins.
- Develop innovative approaches to part machining in conjunction with Production Manager.
- Ensure programs issued with Production Package contain sufficient information to define operations, sequence of operations, and any notes normally associated with program information.
- Edit programs as necessary per Production Manager.
- Complete required paperwork including program records.
- Ensure that personal work station and equipment are cared for and used in a clean and safe manner.
- Operation of CNC machines as schedule demands.
- Attend status meetings as determined by the Production Manager.
- Follow safety practices, policies and procedures.
- Assist with cost estimating as required
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- 5+ years of related experience required
- At least five years CNC programming experience in a manufacturing environment using Master CAM software is required.
- Experienced at programming a variety of parts including machined parts with complex contours as well as sheet metal parts.
- Must be able to provide flat patterns for sheet metal work in the production package as requested.
- Proficient with GD&T and have a working knowledge of American National Standards (ANSI Y14.5).
- Ability to work to specifications with extremely high attention to detail.
- Ability to work on own with motivation to provide a quality product.
- Understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Extremely detail oriented.
This position requires the ability to work in seated or standing positions for prolonged periods of time, perform office and clerical duties including use of office tools.
Our client is an award-winning manufacturer that has been recognized for its outstanding quality, commitment to meeting delivery schedules, sustained high performance, focus on customer satisfaction and robust lean processes.
They take pride in combining innovative engineering solutions, global supply chain and LEAN manufacturing approaches to deliver integrated solutions to customers throughout the world.
Our goal every day is to provide quality products and services in a timely and efficient manner that meet the needs of our customers.
As an employee of Strom Aviation, you will receive benefits including holiday pay, longevity pay, access to a 401K program and insurance coverage (medical, dental, life, disability). We offer travel pay, bonuses, and other incentives for some positions as well. A referral is the best compliment we can get, and Strom Aviation offers 2 different referral programs for our employees.
Our recruiters strive to connect qualified individuals with opportunities. With hundreds of jobs across the nation, Strom offers opportunities no matter where you are.
Contact: Strom Jobs