- Employees will handle aircraft parts, tools and related hardware in receiving areas and ensure that the shop, tool rooms and other customers are supplied with tools, equipment and supplies.
- Employee will receive, sort, store, kit, inventory, issue, release, route, locate, coordinate, prepare and move materials (such as: raw materials, tools/tooling, parts, drawings, equipment/support equipment supplies, surplus property, and hazardous materials and waste) for one or more assigned.
- Support schedule revisions by coordinating the movement of all materials as required. Perform unloading of all vehicles, or other material movement devices as required. Check materials with identification on orders and facilitate the correction of discrepancies according to processes and procedures.
- Accumulate and maintain accountability records and/or reports, relay availability and status for all materials processed. Operate riding type electric powered elevating equipment to move material. Perform all tasks involved in ordering, receiving, recording, storing, checking, issuing, shipping and releasing of tools, shop supplies, materials, machine accessories, special tools, tooling and support equipment.
- Perform tasks that require knowledge and understanding of the terminology related to the tools and equipment in stock. Establish and adjust minimum and maximum requirements for tools and supplies. Set up inventory recording and control systems.
- The physical demands and potential hazards described here are typical of those that may be encountered in this job. Eye, hearing, hand and foot protection, fall protection, as required. Requires frequent lifting up to 35 lbs. Frequent standing, reaching, handling, turning/twisting, lifting/lowering. May require bending, kneeling, crouching, squatting.
- Exposure to aluminum, steel, plastics, fiberglass, graphite composites. Exposure to radioactive signs, explosives, and other hazardous materials. Exposure to lubricants, solvents, wood splinters and saw dust. Use of potentially dangerous tools such as pneumatic nailguns and staplers, power saws, knives and band cutters.
- May require working from high places. Additional Tasks Duties and Responsibilities: Identify improvements for processes and procedures as needed. Operate typical shop equipment to provide movement of all materials. Operate any and all types of information systems required to perform assigned task.
- Familiarize other employees with functions, methods, procedures, etc., by passing on information and answering questions. Use power or hand operated cutting tools and equipment for cutting material to requisition size. Check hardware and tools for visible damage and route broken, worn, or obsolete hardware and tools to proper authority for disposition.
- Accumulate and relay availability and status for all materials processed. Open containers; identify, weigh and count contents and verify quality acceptance of incoming hardware. Upon receival, check items for identification and damage. Re-load trucks as required.
- Prepare items for shipment, along with appropriate coordination and documentation, for flyaway, remote kits, grief resolution and vendor pickup. Inspect content of and clear tool boxes, issue hold out notices as required.
- Clean oxygen hand tools, store and issue fasteners, etc., in accordance with established procedures. Kit, re-label, repackage, machine and/or hand mix sealant, paints, adhesives, lubricants, solvents as required under the direction of a higher grade employee. Dress tool grinder wheels, cut off drills and reamers, etc.
- 3+ years experience Supply Chain support
- Opening will be for 1st and 2nd shifts.
- Daily overtime required.
- Weekend overtime required.
Our client is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners, defense, space and security systems, and service provider of aftermarket support. As America’s biggest manufacturing exporter, the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Our clients products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft, satellites, weapons, electronic and defense systems, launch systems, advanced information and communication systems, and performance-based logistics and training.
As an employee of Strom Aviation, you will receive benefits including holiday pay, longevity pay, access to a 401K program and insurance coverage (medical, dental, life, disability). We offer travel pay, bonuses, and other incentives for some positions as well. A referral is the best compliment we can get, and Strom Aviation offers 2 different referral programs for our employees.
Our recruiters strive to connect qualified individuals with opportunities. With hundreds of jobs across the nation, Strom offers opportunities no matter where you are.
Contact: Strom Jobs