Currently seeking an Aircraft Technician with a minimum of 2+ years experience for a Repair Station in Brunswick, GA - (Long Term Position-No Tools Required)
The Aircraft Technician I, under close supervision, performs or assists with inspection, maintenance, and repair of basic aircraft systems and structures.
- Communicate as required to receive and understand work assignments.
- Perform basic aircraft inspections, repairs, and modifications under close supervision.
- Assist with movement of aircraft as required.
- Properly complete CMP cards, work order sign-offs, and other paper work in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all work accomplished meets quality standards and specifications.
- Properly identify (tag) customer property and equipment.
- Store aircraft components and other customer property securely and safely.
- Follow standard operating procedures when operating ground support equipment (external power carts, hydraulic power units, hydraulic lift platforms, forklifts, compressed gas cylinders, etc.)
- Ensure all customer property is properly protected.
- Use material tracking system to create parts demand, and to charge labor to Work Orders, items, and squawks.
- Properly collect and dispose of waste fuel, oil, hydraulic and de-icing fluids, and solvent rags.
- Apply 6S and Lean Initiatives to keep shops, hangars, and aircraft work areas clean and uncluttered.
- Properly use and maintain company-provided tools and equipment.
- Return items to designated storage area after use.
- Comply with safety rules and procedures.
- Use protective equipment as required and be alert for unsafe conditions.
- Address and report unsafe conditions before putting people or property at risk.
- In support of aircraft certification and final phase testing, may include flight tests on aircraft as required.
*Tools will not be required as Gulfstream utilizes consolidated/shared tool boxes.
- Must be able to work any shift.... Turbine aircraft experience preferred, Repair Station experience preferred (Part 145), Total airframe experience preferred, including hydraulics, sheet metal, composites, pneumatics, flight control surfaces and rigging, landing gear and associated components, APU's, Engine R/R, fuel systems, etc., Fly by wire experience a plus Line maintenance, depot level maintenance, scheduled and unscheduled check maintenance preferred.
- Business/Corporate Jet maintenance highly preferred.
- Experience with high end cabins and related systems preferred.
- MUST be available to work any shift.
Unique Skills: A&P License Required
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Valid Drivers License required.
- FAA Airframe and Powerplant certificate or 2 years of aviation maintenance experience.
- Working knowledge of FAA regulations, process specifications, Repair Station and Quality Control manuals, and company policies and procedures.
This facility's #1 core value is INTEGRITY. They are looking for a person who has integrity, has a good attitude, and is looking for a long term opportunity.
The facility boasts approximately 250 employees, including 100-plus technicians and master technicians along with fabricators, craftsmen and artisans working in hangars measuring a combined 165,000 square feet/15,329 square meters. This facility is located at the Brunswick Golden Isles Airport (KBQK).
Airframe Support: G650ER, G650, G550, G500, G450, G400, G350, G300, G280, G200, G150, GV, GIV-SP, GIV, GIII, GII
Capabilities: All major inspections, avionics and interior installations and modifications, major structural modifications and repairs, engine repairs and changes, spare part exchanges and sales
Resources: On-site facilities dedicated to Avionics, Interior, Upholstery, Carpet, Cabinet, Soft goods, Sheet metal, Composites, Finishing, Assembly/Disassembly
As an employee of Strom Aviation, you will receive benefits including holiday pay, longevity pay, access to a 401K program and insurance coverage (medical, dental, life, disability). We offer travel pay, bonuses, and other incentives for some positions as well. A referral is the best compliment we can get, and Strom Aviation offers 2 different referral programs for our employees.
Our recruiters strive to connect qualified individuals with opportunities. With hundreds of jobs across the nation, Strom offers opportunities no matter where you are.
Contact: Strom Jobs