- The individual will be responsible to develop military aeronautics technical publications that will include flight manuals, flight crew checklists, maintenance manuals, wiring diagram manuals, and illustrated parts breakdown manuals, as well as maintenance Job Guides utilizing technical procedure manuals, user manuals, programming manuals, operational specifications, and related product technical publications to communicate clearly and effectively technical specifications and instructions to a wide range of audiences.
- Oversees preparation and conducts quality review of materials and compiles quality metrics to assess performance.
- Ability to communicate effectively with Engineering, Production, and Logistics disciplines leading to successfully develop technical publications.
- Familiar with interpretation of Engineering drawings and models and be able to convey into instruction utilizing illustrative materials, selecting 3D Models, drawings, sketches, diagrams, trade journals and charts.
- The job entails working under general supervision, develop and field technically accurate and compliant
- Five (5) years’ experience as a Technical Writer on programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity related to C-130’s is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required or Eight (8) years of Technical Writer experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree dependent on experience.
Highly skilled in all MS Office Products Software (i.e. Word, Excel, Publisher, Power Point, Visio, etc…)
- Familiar with Nuance Power PDF Software.
- Familiar with technical authoring languages and specifications such as XML and SGML, in S1000D.
- Having skills to assist as a Technical Illustrator working with Coral Draw.
Nose-to-tail aircraft modification, maintenance, repair and overhaul services for both military and civil aircraft. Over the past three decades, the site has provided world class and affordable sustainment services to thousands of aircraft such as the C-130, P-3, KC-10, and C-9. The site is also home to a highly-skilled, flexible workforce of Lockheed Martin aviation technicians, engineers, program managers and other experienced personnel.
As an employee of Strom Aviation, you will receive benefits including holiday pay, longevity pay, access to a 401K program and insurance coverage (medical, dental, life, disability). We offer travel pay, bonuses, and other incentives for some positions as well. A referral is the best compliment we can get, and Strom Aviation offers 2 different referral programs for our employees.
Our recruiters strive to connect qualified individuals with opportunities. With hundreds of jobs across the nation, Strom offers opportunities no matter where you are.
Contact: Strom Jobs