Currently seeking Aircraft Component Repair Technicians in Savannah, GA with Machinist Skills Including: Setup and Operation of 3-5 axis CNC Mills. (Long Term Position-No Tools Required)
Under moderate supervision, repair and overhaul internal and external aircraft assemblies, subassemblies and components in accordance with Gulfstream Repair Station requirements.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Apply advanced skills in administration and use of procedures, techniques, tools, materials and/or equipment, as appropriate to area of specialization
- Independently perform repairs of mechanical and electrical assemblies and subassemblies through removals, repair or replacement of defective parts and/or fabrication of replacement parts, and installations in accordance with blueprints, component maintenance manuals, vendor documents, verbal instructions, engineering dispositions, and other authorized maintenance data.
- All activities to be in accordance with Repair Station requirements ensuing all parts and assemblies meet conformance.
- Set up and operate necessary test equipment in accordance with required documentation to perform functional and operational tests of mechanical and electrical aircraft components for return to service.
- Inspect all detail parts using blueprints, component and/or overhaul manuals and other required maintenance data to ensure conformity requirements are met.
- Remove skins and related components on flight controls and secondary structure components, locate and install/reinstall parts.
- Demonstrate expertise and efficiency in repair techniques using acceptable practices including troubleshooting, soldering and application of protective coatings.
- Demonstrate expertise in use, maintenance, and calibration requirements of precision measuring and inspection tools such as, but not limited to, micrometers, calipers, bore gauges, multimeters, wattmeters, spectrum analyzers, and borescopes.
- Demonstrate expertise in the flow of materials and work order processes within the repair station.
- Maintain and utilize all required paperwork in accordance with FAA Repair Station requirements.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area.
- Comply with all company and legislative environmental health and safety regulations.
- Lay-out, remove, fabricate and/or install major and minor repairs to flight controls and other secondary structure components using honeycomb core sandwich construction techniques, composite repair techniques, test bench procedures, hydraulic press procedures, and servicing carts.
- Fabricate and repair sheetmetal and associated mechanical parts, components and/or equipment by rolling, shrinking, stretching, braking, riveting or other mechanical means.
- Remove & install APUs and perform all required APU maintenance for ALL Gulfstream aircraft models
- Perform repairs to electronic assemblies and subassemblies by removing and replacing circuit components, either through hole or surface mount, using acceptable soldering and circuit repair techniques.
- Fabricate and repair wiring and electrical assemblies and harnesses utilizing acceptable repair and fabrication processes including splicing, soldering, and pinning of wires.
- Assist with training and instructing of other Acft Compo Repair I and II Techs.
*Tools will not be required as client utilizes consolidated/shared tool boxes.
Unique Skills: Machinist - Experience in the setup and operation of 3-5 axis CNC Mills Required. Must be able to setup and operate conventional mills and lathes and use related precision measuring tools to inspect machined detail components to blueprints / 3D models.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma/GED.
- A&P License, FCC License, or NCATT cert preferred.
- Able to read/interpret blueprints, engineering docs and use/read precision measuring tools.
- Proficient in the operation of all tools & equip in the dept.
- Basic understanding of shop math.
- 4 yrs experience in one of the following or other related exp required: Sheetmetal , Hydraulic Overhaul, Avionics/Elect Compo Repair.
- Accredited schooling in electronics and elect sys may offset some experience reqmts. APU removal, install, service.
This facility designs, develops, manufactures, markets, and services business jet aircraft.
This facility's #1 core value is INTEGRITY. They are looking for a person who has integrity, has a good attitude, and is looking for a long term opportunity to grow with the largest corporate aircraft manufacturer in the world.
As an employee of Strom Aviation, you will receive benefits including holiday pay, longevity pay, access to a 401K program and insurance coverage (medical, dental, life, disability). We offer travel pay, bonuses, and other incentives for some positions as well. A referral is the best compliment we can get, and Strom Aviation offers 2 different referral programs for our employees.
Our recruiters strive to connect qualified individuals with opportunities. With hundreds of jobs across the nation, Strom offers opportunities no matter where you are.
Contact: Strom Jobs