CO5 – CNC Machine Operator – 5 axis is a primary desired skill set BUT will look at STRONG 3 or 4 axis contractors. “Strong” meaning at least 8 years in the aircraft industry
Contractors will be working on AFP (Automated Fiber Placement) Machines.
Stringer AFP - 3 Axis and
Skin AFP - 5 Axis
Must be able to both setup and operate CNC Machines
At least 8 years in the aircraft industry as a CNC Machine Operator
Strong job history
AFP experience will be highly considered
Sets up and operates a variety of machine tools to make parts, mechanisms, tools, or machines to exacting tolerances and dimensions. Interprets blueprints, sketches, and engineering specifications; determines sequence of operations, number of cuts required, and method of setup; uses a variety of machinist's hand tools and precision measuring instruments; makes standard shop computations relating to dimensions of work, tooling, feeds, and speeds; measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points to lay out stock for machining; fits and assembles precision parts into mechanical equipment and determines material, parts, and equipment required. Some machines may be numerically controlled. May monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures. Typically requires completion of a formal apprenticeship or equivalent training and experience.
The Company will provide appropriate assistance in job training to enable employees to perform all necessary job functions including the following:
1. Produce parts or assemblies using Conventional or Computerized Numerical Controlled (CNC) mediums, while simultaneously ensuring product and/or process quality at all levels of the manufacturing operation through monitoring/verification methodologies.
2. Concurrently perform related functions to provide complete hardware in accordance with engineering specifications (e.g., operating multiple machines simultaneously, deburr part surface, milling, drilling, boring, honing, grinding, fastening).
3. Perform routine minor machine maintenance as part of their daily work duties (e.g., replacing machine filters, changing standard light bulbs on machines and equipment, maintaining lubrication/coolant levels, etc. as related to basic Total Preventative Maintenance duties).
4. Routinely move product within the immediate manufacturing work area, including across isle, using shop assigned equipment as required, and complete transactions necessary to move product to the next operation. On an exception basis, moves product to the next operation within a building.
5. Support the continuous flow of product within the manufacturing process by training and assisting employees of the same or lower classification level.6. Trains to become MVP qualified.
In addition, each employee may be asked, on occasion, to complete other duties and responsibilities as required by Spirit leadership. Training and certification will be provided for the additional work when required.
1. Setup and operate Computerized Numerical Controlled (CNC) and Conventional equipment to perform complex or precision operations in accordance with engineering requirements.
2. Activities include, e.g. operating multi-axis equipment to mill, precision bore, turn, thread, grind, sculpt/contour, etc.
3. Verifies dimensions of parts using both mechanical and electronic measurement tools. and relative to these inspection duties:
* Maintain required personal certifications.
* Perform complete inspection, including firstarticle inspection, of procured or fabricated parts and assemblies.
* Initiate and document any non-conforming condition for Material Review Board action.
* Perform process surveillance to assure compliance with requirements.
* Prepare and maintain quality records.
8 Yrs Experience
Client is headquarters in Wichita, Kansas, USA, is one of the world’s largest non-OEM designers and manufacturers of aerostructures for commercial and defense aircraft. In addition to its Wichita facilities, Client has locations in Tulsa and McAlester, Oklahoma; Kinston, North Carolina; Prestwick, Scotland; Subang, Malaysia; and Saint-Nazaire, France. The company’s core products include fuselages, pylons, nacelles and wing components. Additionally, they provide maintenance, repair and overhaul services.
As one of the world’s largest tier-one manufacturers and suppliers of aerostructures, our client applies research and emerging technologies in designing, fabricating, assembling and integrating components and structures for premier commercial and defense aerospace programs
As an employee of Strom Aviation, you will receive benefits including holiday pay, longevity pay, access to a 401K program and insurance coverage (medical, dental, life, disability). We offer travel pay, bonuses, and other incentives for some positions as well. A referral is the best compliment we can get, and Strom Aviation offers 2 different referral programs for our employees.
Our recruiters strive to connect qualified individuals with opportunities. With hundreds of jobs across the nation, Strom offers opportunities no matter where you are.
Contact: Strom Jobs