Currently seeking an Entry Level Aircraft Painter for and Aircraft Prep Trainee position in Savannah, GA
The A/C Prep Trainee works along side higher level employees to assist with the preparation and painting of aircraft.
- Assists in the preparation of the exterior surfaces of aircraft for application of primer and topcoat.
- Use various masking materials to protect windows, external probes, antennas, and other required areas.
- Sand and wash the aircraft surface as directed.
- Assist with and applies corrosion preventative materials to the aircraft.
- Apply primer and sanding surfacer to aircraft.
- Uses tools to sand primer and sanding surfacer in preparation for base coat.
- Comply with all safety, 5S, and housekeeping policies.
- Use personal protective equipment as required.
- Use (PTP) to ensure aircraft interior is protected.
Additional Functions: 1. Properly care for shop equipment and tools as assigned. 2. Comply with Paint shop standard practices. 3. Perform other duties as required.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- A High School Diploma or GED.
- Paint experience in a technical environment or trade school preferred.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and engineering documentation.
- Able to pass Pulmonary Function Test to obtain respirator certification.
- Ability to use tools, equipment, and materials in the aircraft painting process.
- Able to climb ladders and stairs, perform close tolerance work, work in small spaces, and able to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Experience may be offset by completion of Technical Certificate in paint and refinishing and/or successful completion in current year youth apprenticeship program sponsored by Gulfstream, in area of expertise.
- Must be able to color match , Must be able to work any shift and work well with a team.
This facility designs, develops, manufactures, markets, and services business jet aircraft.
This facility's #1 core value is INTEGRITY. They are looking for a person who has integrity, has a good attitude, and is looking for a long term opportunity to grow with the largest corporate aircraft manufacturer in the world.
As an employee of Strom Aviation, you will receive benefits including holiday pay, longevity pay, access to a 401K program and insurance coverage (medical, dental, life, disability). We offer travel pay, bonuses, and other incentives for some positions as well. A referral is the best compliment we can get, and Strom Aviation offers 2 different referral programs for our employees.
Our recruiters strive to connect qualified individuals with opportunities. With hundreds of jobs across the nation, Strom offers opportunities no matter where you are.
Contact: Strom Jobs