FABRICATION SPECIALIST – Experienced/Mid-Career Level C
The Aerospace Technician will be engaged in a highly team-oriented, flexible work environment utilizing multiple skills to accomplish diverse task assignments.
Aerospace Technician Responsibilities include:
• Perform advanced, specialized or prototype production operations of major space structures.
• Utilizing predetermined setups and operating methods, adjust and simultaneously operate a variety of numerically controlled and/or conventional equipment capable of performing various functions such as, but not limited to, forming, bonding, welding, machining, drilling, cutting, robotic and otherwise automated and/or manual assembly.
• Perform all tasks involved in the preparation, set up and operation of thermal processing tools and equipment.
• Interpret standard work instructions, charts, tables, blueprints, formulas, sketches, verbal and electronic orders, job layouts, etc. to accomplish assigned work.
• Ensure that all equipment is used in accordance with established safety and operating procedures.
• Conduct routine preventative work to maintain and ensure cleanliness of equipment.
• Diagnose and correct malfunctions occurring in machining and/or assembly process.
• Perform necessary drilling, riveting, assembly or subassembly, including bonding and sealing as required.
• Use any and all precision measuring instruments, gauges, tools, etc., necessary to check machine readiness and to check completed parts for finish, dimensions and conformance to quality requirements.
• Perform all tasks involved in the coordination, preparation, and movement of material and tools.
• Operate a forklift, mobile crane, and riding type electric powered elevating equipment to accomplish work assignment.
• Maintain necessary certifications, licenses and permits as required for assigned work.
• Work with Engineering, Planning, research engineers, etc. to originate and develop new procedures, techniques and production aids to facilitate equipment operations and to support design and implementation of new products.
• This position requires the ability to obtain badging for NASA facility access.
• This is a sensitive/safety-sensitive position and is subject to NASA (DOT) random drug and alcohol testing.
• This is requires everyone to wear steel toed shoes
• This position requires the ability to perform manual labor inside or outside throughout the year in a variety of extreme weather conditions.
• The employee must meet medical requirement for work in geographic areas.
• The employee must be able to ascend and descend vertical work ladders, work in confined spaces, and lift loads of approximately 35 pounds.
• Must be able to work various shifts and/or an alternate baseline schedule that may frequently change to support mission requirements and may include weekends and holidays.
• Mission requirements and/or workload may require both scheduled and unscheduled overtime.
• Experience or training in reading and interpreting drawings or blueprints.
• Experience in aerospace, fabrication, or manufacturing
Our client is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners, defense, space and security systems, and service provider of aftermarket support. As America’s biggest manufacturing exporter, the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Our clients products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft, satellites, weapons, electronic and defense systems, launch systems, advanced information and communication systems, and performance-based logistics and training.
As an employee of Strom Aviation, you will receive benefits including holiday pay, longevity pay, access to a 401K program and insurance coverage (medical, dental, life, disability). We offer travel pay, bonuses, and other incentives for some positions as well. A referral is the best compliment we can get, and Strom Aviation offers 2 different referral programs for our employees.
Our recruiters strive to connect qualified individuals with opportunities. With hundreds of jobs across the nation, Strom offers opportunities no matter where you are.
Contact: Strom Jobs