Skill: Systems Technician III
Job Duration: 3+ months
Start: Monday, 04/29, or any Monday thereafter
Hrs. per week: 40+
Tools Required: yes
Job Details and Summary:
Under minimal guidance; plans, lays’ out, fabricates, installs, assembles, repairs, operates, tests and troubleshoots systems on VIP aircraft in accordance with technical manuals, engineering drawings, and FAA regulations and assumes a leadership role by providing routine instructions on work tasks, blueprints and OJT for junior level technicians.
Systems to include oxygen, environmental control, ventilation, smoke detection, equipment cooling, potable water, gray water and waste water systems.
- Read, interpret and understand blueprints and other documents to accurately determine and plan the work steps to be performed.
- Fabricate and install systems parts and assemblies per engineering drawing or structural repair manual.
- Perform the operations of testing and troubleshooting aircraft systems utilizing an educational level of knowledge, skills and understanding about integrated systems.
- Anticipate, specify, develop, implement, and maintain tools (including test automation tools) used on aircraft systems.
- Provides OJT and guidance to junior level technicians.
- Work directly with Engineering to help facilitate installs.
- Observes company rules and regulations, including housekeeping and proper use of safety methods and the safe operation of equipment.
- Adheres to all recordkeeping requirements and paperwork to ensure work is performed in accordance with stated documents.
- Complete all sign off’s and component removal/installation sheets at time task is performed but prior to end of shift.
- Utilize all resources available to accurately perform the work steps in a safe and timely manner.
- Ensure a tidy, safe and productive work environment which is conducive to properly performing the tasks at hand.
- Other duties as assigned not specifically stated herein.
- 3+ years' experience
- A/P License
- Tools Required
- must be able to obtain airport badge
- Strong ability to provide verbal and written communication.
- Proficiently able to read, interpret and understand blueprints.
- Must be self starting and motivated with the desire to learn
- Proficient ability to apply the use of routine to complex mathematical problems to solve work issues.
- Demonstrated ability to comprehend and retain OJT.
- Must possess a proficient mechanical aptitude.
- Must have the ability to read measuring devices such as a scale or caliper or other required tools.
- Must have close tolerance experience.
- Ability to use basic shop equipment (drill press, band saw, sander, etc.).
- Ability to use basic hand tools (grinder, drill motor, wrenches, etc.).
- VIP Completion Center
- Part 145 Station
- Lead innovator in engineering luxury aircraft
- Aircraft serviced: Airbus Corporate Jets, Boeing Business Jets, Bombardier Business aircraft and Sukhoi Business Jet
As an employee of Strom Aviation, you will receive benefits including holiday pay, longevity pay, access to a 401K program and insurance coverage (medical, dental, life, disability). We offer travel pay, bonuses, and other incentives for some positions as well. A referral is the best compliment we can get, and Strom Aviation offers 2 different referral programs for our employees.
Our recruiters strive to connect qualified individuals with opportunities. With hundreds of jobs across the nation, Strom offers opportunities no matter where you are.
Contact: Strom Jobs