- The technician makes repairs to C-130 aircraft. Install system modifications and install cables & cable assemblies for C-130 Avionics upgrades.
- Terminate wires and connectors; perform continuity testing. Install complex mission systems and the provisions for electronic counter measures in C-130 aircraft
- Researches technical data and performs inspection, testing, adjusting, and repairing of avionics equipment, such as radar, radio, navigation, auto pilot, and compass systems, installed in aircraft in accordance with applicable maintenance manuals, FAA regulations and Ascent Aviation policies and procedures.
- Accomplished maintenance actions are concisely and accurately recorded on repair station and/or customer provided approved documents.
- Inspects components of avionics equipment for defects, such as loose connections and frayed wire, and for accuracy of assembly and installation. Tests avionics equipment under simulated or actual operating conditions to determine performance and airworthiness, using test equipment, such as oscilloscopes, digital meters and counters, and circuit analyzers.
- Adjusts, repairs, or replaces defective components based on analysis of test results, following blueprints, schematics, handbooks, and other technical documents.
- Calibrates installed or repaired equipment to prescribed specifications.
- Candidate must have a minimum of five years of experience in aircraft maintenance and modification
- Prior experience in organizational and intermediate level maintenance on C-130 is REQUIRED.
- Employee must be able to interpret installation drawings, install electrical cable assemblies, perform multiple termination processes, and perform continuity checks in accordance with standard processes.
- FCC Certification is a plus but not required
Nose-to-tail aircraft modification, maintenance, repair and overhaul services for both military and civil aircraft. Over the past three decades, the site has provided world class and affordable sustainment services to thousands of aircraft such as the C-130, P-3, KC-10, and C-9. The site is also home to a highly-skilled, flexible workforce of Lockheed Martin aviation technicians, engineers, program managers and other experienced personnel.
As an employee of Strom Aviation, you will receive benefits including holiday pay, longevity pay, access to a 401K program and insurance coverage (medical, dental, life, disability). We offer travel pay, bonuses, and other incentives for some positions as well. A referral is the best compliment we can get, and Strom Aviation offers 2 different referral programs for our employees.
Our recruiters strive to connect qualified individuals with opportunities. With hundreds of jobs across the nation, Strom offers opportunities no matter where you are.
IND18Contact: Strom Jobs