Aircraft Mechanic II –Electrician/Avionics applies basic and some advanced technical knowledge to solve routine problems by interpreting manufacturers’ manuals or similar documents. Work requires familiarity with the interrelationships of circuits and judgment in planning work sequence, in selecting tools, testing instruments, and is reviewed for compliance with accepted practices. This technician works under immediate supervision and achieves technical guidance, as required from supervisor or higher-level technician.
• Able to use a variety of manual hand tools such as crimpers, strippers, wire cutters, heat shrink gun, specialized aircraft test equipment, etc. The mechanic will be required to access aircraft data via computer systems and initiate on-line parts and discrepancy requests.
• Able to read and interpret schematics, assembly drawings, process specifications, wiring diagrams, technical manuals, written instructions, etc.
• Ability to read, interpret, understand, and follow F-16 Technical Documents Including TCTO’s and Technical Orders (TO) with proficiency.
• Able to assemble, modify, and install wire bundles, conductors and other electrical components, to include radio frequency cabling and antenna systems, Must be able to install Avionic components.
• Able to effectively communicate, orally and written, with other employees, members of supervision, and others, as required in their duties.
• Able to clearly document maintenance and repair actions, equipment status tags, logs, parts requests, etc.
• Able to perform assigned duties while wearing required safety equipment.
• Able to perform assigned duties on all shifts without encumbrances due to weather or physical location and conditions.
• Order parts, pan stock, tools, materials, and equipment as required to perform assigned duties.
• Ability to follow and execute through Fault Isolation (FI) Guides while preforming Troubleshooting on Legacy and Program specific aircraft systems related to avionics, electrical, air data, flight controls, landing gear and brakes
Education and/or Training Requirements:
Occupation or Operation Requirement:
Other Job Related Requirements:
Our client is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners, defense, space and security systems, and service provider of aftermarket support. As America’s biggest manufacturing exporter, the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Our clients products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft, satellites, weapons, electronic and defense systems, launch systems, advanced information and communication systems, and performance-based logistics and training.
As an employee of Strom Aviation, you will receive benefits including holiday pay, longevity pay, access to a 401K program and insurance coverage (medical, dental, life, disability). We offer travel pay, bonuses, and other incentives for some positions as well. A referral is the best compliment we can get, and Strom Aviation offers 2 different referral programs for our employees.
Our recruiters strive to connect qualified individuals with opportunities. With hundreds of jobs across the nation, Strom offers opportunities no matter where you are.
Contact: Strom Jobs