- Looking for candidates with 5+ years experience on Commercial (Boeing, MD80/90) aircraft for the PREMIUM position.
- Cargo Door mod experience or simply heavy structures and mod experience will be considered, not any Sheetmetal assembly type work.
- A&P license preferred but not required.
POSITION SUMMARY: Perform a basic to advanced level skilled work to accomplish sheet metal repairs and replacements of structural parts. Fabricate replacement covering, panels, or fairings by using the removed parts as samples. Reads and complies with instructions and safety information as necessary for proper and safe completion of assigned work.
FUNCTIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Cleans corrosion and treats metal surfaces per the manufacturer’s instructions and specifications.
- Performs basic sheet metal repairs and replacement of structural parts using the following skills:
- Use measuring instruments such as rulers and grip gauges
- Utilize hand and powered tools such as hammers, chisels, hand snips, band and circle saws, drill presses, squaring shears and brakes to cut and form
- Ability to assemble parts by, bolting, screwing, and riveting
- Determine different types of fasteners used by symbol
- Remove and install minor components of aircraft structure or systems such as fairings, cargo liners, cargo floors and access panels
- Ability to repair minor or secondary structure per the manufactures SRM
- Fabricates replacement covering, panels, or fairings by using the removed parts as samples.
- Performs repairs of a cosmetic nature in passenger cabin interiors.
- Performs and demonstrates understanding of sealing procedures of aircraft structures.
- Performs bonded repairs of honeycomb structures as instructed.
- Identifies the locations of pressurized areas of aircraft.
- Opens and closes areas on the aircraft that are required to be open for inspection.
- Applies corrosion preventatives and maintains knowledge of areas of the aircraft in which corrosion inhibiting liquids may not be applied.
- Possesses working knowledge of ATA Codes (Chapter and Subchapters) as well as aircraft zones, narrow body airframe familiarization, and industry standards.
- Reads maintenance manuals to identify and locate aircraft components on the aircraft, and accurately implements instructions of maintenance manuals.
- Identifies the structural composition of aircraft (i.e., aluminum or composite) prior to performing any work on the structure.
- Performs repairs on noted discrepancies, and effectively researches manufacturer’s manuals for appropriate repair procedures prior to performing repairs. Prepares and maintains simple records such as work order documentation, logs, and time and material records, as instructed.
- Follows safety procedures and wears/uses appropriate safety equipment for the work being performed.
- Reads instructions and safety information as necessary for proper and safe completion of assigned work.
- 5+ years Heavy Commercial Aviation experience, preferably on Boeing, MD or Airbus
- A&P License is preferred
There’s a reason our client is one of the fastest growing MROs in the world. From Airbus and Boeing aircraft, representing passenger and cargo fleets. A complete suite of services from A,B,C and D checks, passenger-to-freighter conversions, structural repairs and highly technical upgrades including winglet installations, cabin reconfigurations and avionics modifications.Flawless work or it doesn’t leave their shop. It’s refreshing to know that there is an MRO executing it all in a single seamless work-stream.
As an employee of Strom Aviation, you will receive benefits including holiday pay, longevity pay, access to a 401K program and insurance coverage (medical, dental, life, disability). We offer travel pay, bonuses, and other incentives for some positions as well. A referral is the best compliment we can get, and Strom Aviation offers 2 different referral programs for our employees.
Our recruiters strive to connect qualified individuals with opportunities. With hundreds of jobs across the nation, Strom offers opportunities no matter where you are.
Contact: Strom Jobs