- Inspect, overhaul, repair, modify and troubleshoot airframe and/or powerplant parts, systems, and components utilizing approved maintenance documents.
- Support engineering in developing repairs and modifications for transport category airplanes.
- Assist engineers by utilizing fundamental design principals and knowledge of metals and metal fabrication.
- Fabricate parts and assemblies for use in engineering modifications and repairs. These parts will be inspected to ensure the parts can be fabricated to the engineering data and FAA requirements.
- Effectively communicate with aircraft engineers to transmit technical information in the development of cost effective and timely repair solutions.
- Perform such typical maintenance operations such as the removal and replacement of aircraft and powerplant components that require bolting, torquing, adjusting rigging and safety wiring, including powerplant and flight control removal and reinstallation.
- Repair, modify, replace or overhaul aircraft and aircraft systems to ensure airworthiness.
- Complete all tasks to the quality standards of FAA and our customers’ approved maintenance manual.
- Perform work within estimated or budgeted hours.
- Read and use Maintenance Manuals, Illustrated parts Catalog, Blueprints, ATA Codes, Service Bulletins, routine and non-routines and other related maintenance documents in order to troubleshoot and effectively complete work assignments.
- Sheetmetal Mechanic with 3+ years experience on commercial aircraft.Currently looking for modification experience. Ideal candidates have commercial aircraft experience, but they are currently willing to consider commercial helicopter, regional, and large military aircraft experience as long as the experience is solid and detailed on the resume.
- A&P License preferred
- High school education or equivalent
- Must provide own tools.
- Able to work any or all shifts.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT: Must be able to lift 50 lbs. Subject to continual loud noises. Must be able to bend, stoop, kneel, stand for prolonged periods of time, climb steps, ladders and/or service stands. Visual acuity must be a minimum of 20/40 corrected and must have full color vision. Must have normal or corrected hearing.
Our client has a Maintenance, Repair, and Overhaul (MRO) facility that is qualified to perform unlimited maintenance and overhaul of large transport category aircraft. They handle heavy maintenance, engine removal and reinstallation, modifications and reconfigurations, full tear-down, cargo conversions, and complete logistic services.
As an employee of Strom Aviation, you will receive benefits including holiday pay, longevity pay, access to a 401K program and insurance coverage (medical, dental, life, disability). We offer travel pay, bonuses, and other incentives for some positions as well. A referral is the best compliment we can get, and Strom Aviation offers 2 different referral programs for our employees.
Our recruiters strive to connect qualified individuals with opportunities. With hundreds of jobs across the nation, Strom offers opportunities no matter where you are.
IND18Contact: Strom Jobs