The Maintenance Technician is an essential member of an award-winning service delivery team who ensures each assigned aircraft is meticulously managed including maintenance, record keeping, detailing, and is safe for flight. The Maintenance Lead must be detail oriented and have excellent communications skills.
This job includes varying amounts of parts replacement or repair, electrical troubleshooting and general mechanical applications. Supervision of the team and direction of project flow will be a primary function.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- To provide maintenance support for Part 145 Repair Station operations for retail customers. This includes inspection and general maintenance duties, as well as daily housecleaning activities.
- Performs maintenance, preventative maintenance or alteration of an aircraft or appliance, or a part thereof for which he is rated, in accordance with the FARs.
- Documents aircraft discrepancies and repair actions, in accordance with the FARs.
- Consults appropriate technical information for procedures, specifications & to determine feasibility of repair or replacement according to discrepancy.
- Determines & requests parts required for repair of discrepancies.
- Performs functional checks of aircraft systems; troubleshoots as required.
- Advises Team Leader about task requirement & status
- Communicates turnover of tasks to oncoming technician in writing or verbally as required.
- Maintains a clean & safe work area.
- Repairs, builds, and maintains shop equipment as required.
- Performs inspection functions as assigned
- Supports medical operations as required
- Cooperate in conduct with the Safety Management System, and be instrumental with corrective action plans and preventative measures.
- Ensure compliance with applicable rules, regulations, and organizational standards.
- Identify deficiencies, develop, implement, and verify preventive and corrective measures.
- Detailed knowledge of the operation of avionics systems including communication, Ability to read instructions and accomplish tasks.
- Ability to work with hydraulic, electrical and mechanical systems.
- Ability to understand and implement Federal regulations.
- Basic understanding of computers and software
- Education or Formal Training
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Airframe & Powerplant license
- 5+ years of experience required
- Working environment includes area of moving mechanical parts, equipment & various chemicals.
- Loud shop equipment & jet engines which at times require hearing protection.
- Occasional exposure to human body fluids/tissue.
- May need to wear a filtration mask
- Occasional to frequent periods of lifting, pushing or pulling over 25 & up to 100 pounds; frequent to continuous standing, reaching, stooping.
- Random physical activity may require entering into a confined space.
- Must have basic personal hand tools.
Our client is built to meet their customer's needs, whether that includes aircraft management, aircraft maintenance, avionics, or components services.
As an employee of Strom Aviation, you will receive benefits including holiday pay, longevity pay, access to a 401K program and insurance coverage (medical, dental, life, disability). We offer travel pay, bonuses, and other incentives for some positions as well. A referral is the best compliment we can get, and Strom Aviation offers 2 different referral programs for our employees.
Our recruiters strive to connect qualified individuals with opportunities. With hundreds of jobs across the nation, Strom offers opportunities no matter where you are.
Contact: Strom Jobs