Strom Aviation is currently seeking Sheetmetal mechanics in Middletown, DE. Candidates will be on the CH-47 side and will be doing repairs and modifications.
- Performs work as outlined in work orders timely and signs when work is completed.
- Notify his supervisor immediately of any condition that may arise that could present him with problems of parts, materials, airworthiness, workmanship or schedule.
- Coordinates with the Designated Inspector when a progressive inspection is to take place and notifies the Designated Inspector prior to closing a given area or for final inspection.
- Performs work with sufficient hand tools to perform assigned duties which include assemble, install, and connect parts, fittings, and assemblies on aircraft, using layout tools, hand tools, power tools, and fasteners such as bolts, screws, rivets, and clamps.
- Continuously abreast of current technical maintenance standards and methods.
- Uses current revision of technical data when performing work and include such data in the work order file.
- Uses only serviceable or new parts when accomplishing work on airframe, engine and components.
- Completes parts/components requisitions accurately and timely including proper part number, quantity, work order and operation be announced for parts traceability, to meet scheduled delivery of aircraft or other components.
- Responsible in keeping work area clean and in an orderly manner.
- Ensures that appropriate maintenance manual, repair and inspection procedures, service bulletins and letters or other data as appropriate for work accomplished are included as part of the work order.
- Ensures work order discrepancy corrective action is adequate for work accomplished.
- Notifies supervisor of any tasks performed which should be documented in the On The Job Training (OJT) record.
- Ensure that all equipment/components removed for repair and/or to gain access are properly documented, tagged and identified on appropriate forms as outlined in RSM.
- Ensure that parts/components as received from the parts department are accompanied by the applicable forms.
- Ensure that parts/components as received from the parts department that could possibly require a “Core Return” are acknowledged and that the core is returned to the stock room in a timely manner.
- 4+ yrs of Sheetmetal Experience (prefer CH-47)
- Must have A&P or military aviation training.
- Tools must be Etched and Inventoried
- YOU MUST BE A US CITIZEN TO WORK THIS PROJECT
Our team of experts focuses on innovative aviation products and services for a variety of military and commercial helicopters and fixed-wing aircraft.
Our Client is an award-winning manufacturer that has been recognized for its outstanding quality, commitment to meeting delivery schedules, sustained high performance, focus on customer satisfaction and robust lean processes.
We take pride in combining innovative engineering solutions, global supply chain and LEAN manufacturing approaches to deliver integrated solutions to customers throughout the world.
Their certifications include:
As an employee of Strom Aviation, you will receive benefits including holiday pay, longevity pay, access to a 401K program and insurance coverage (medical, dental, life, disability). We offer travel pay, bonuses, and other incentives for some positions as well. A referral is the best compliment we can get, and Strom Aviation offers 2 different referral programs for our employees.
Our recruiters strive to connect qualified individuals with opportunities. With hundreds of jobs across the nation, Strom offers opportunities no matter where you are.
IND18 Contact: Strom Jobs