Develops and improves manufacturing processes by studying product and manufacturing methods. Supports cost estimating, quoting CNC programming and tooling design. This is an exempt, full time, salaried position.
- Evaluates and develops manufacturing processes to ensure customer requirements are being met using efficient methods that are repeatable and meet performance expectations. Applying knowledge and experience of product design, manufacturing processes, assembly, tooling, and materials. Conferring with the customer quality and technical resources as well as equipment vendors, industry and special process experts, and soliciting observations from operators.
- Establishes the manufacturing methodology, including but not limited to operational requirements, CNC programming strategy, tooling requirements and inspection methods during new product introduction or configuration changes.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing the process, tooling, equipment and operator methods to improve upon time, material usage, process accuracy and repeatability. Planning for work flow, space utilization, equipment efficiency and finally identify and remove wasted steps and activities in the process.
- Ensures product and process quality by designing inspection and testing methods. Confirms and improves upon process capabilities, establishing standards, confirming manufacturing processes.
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules and estimating future requirements.
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends. .
- Provides manufacturing engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with government regulations.
- Keeps equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures; requesting special service.
- Maintains product and process data base by writing computer programs; entering data as required.
- Completes design and development projects by training and guiding technicians.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Assists the Engineering & Quality Assurance Manager in the development and implementation of project cost estimating standards and procedures.
- Manages Customer supplied drawings and associated Engineering Design data.
- Analyzes detailed 2D drawings, 3D digital models and/or reverse engineered aircraft parts and determine cost estimates for manufacturing to include cost of labor, required equipment, materials, and any other costs that may affect the project.
- Works with the Purchasing Department to obtain acceptable quotes from suppliers for required materials and processes that will technically meet customer requirements.
- Provides process improvement and cost reduction guidance. Revises cost estimates for customer engineering changes.
- Uses system to compile internal process estimates and OSP quotes to calculate and cost out the customer RFQ package.
Active participant in Company Drug and Alcohol Program.
Perform all other duties and assignments as requested by Management.
- Associates Degree or equivalent 5 years work experience. Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Business preferred.
- Five years experience working in aviation engineering project management and/or process engineering.
- Experience working with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Project, Excel, PowerPoint, AutoCAD and /or Solidworks.
- Ability to make sound business decisions and execute these decisions.
- Ability to develop schedules and manage time and budgets.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing to co-workers and customers along with a strong ability to present technical information.
- Ability to develop, implement and control project schedules.
- Possess leadership skills
- Detail Oriented.
Our client is an award-winning manufacturer that has been recognized for its outstanding quality, commitment to meeting delivery schedules, sustained high performance, focus on customer satisfaction and robust lean processes.
They take pride in combining innovative engineering solutions, global supply chain and LEAN manufacturing approaches to deliver integrated solutions to customers throughout the world.
Our goal every day is to provide quality products and services in a timely and efficient manner that meet the needs of our customers.
As an employee of Strom Aviation, you will receive benefits including holiday pay, longevity pay, access to a 401K program and insurance coverage (medical, dental, life, disability). We offer travel pay, bonuses, and other incentives for some positions as well. A referral is the best compliment we can get, and Strom Aviation offers 2 different referral programs for our employees.
Our recruiters strive to connect qualified individuals with opportunities. With hundreds of jobs across the nation, Strom offers opportunities no matter where you are.
Contact: Strom Jobs