- Assemble, modify and install aircraft assemblies, subassemblies, components, systems and Airframe structures on aircraft systems.
- Identify nonconforming parts, conditions and processes.
Major Task and Responsibilities:
- Assemble composite assemblies using bonding fixture and drill fixture tooling.
- Familiarity with rivet installation, rivet removal, bonding, composite trim, sealant process and associated tools (rivet guns, rivet squeezes, drill motors, grinders, sanders).
- Repair of non-conforming composite parts following standard repair methods and processes.
- Ability to obtain required certifications in sealant application, durometer, sealant mixing, torque level 1&2.
- Assemble, disassemble, install, test, troubleshoot, rework, complete subassemblies, components, systems, metallic and composite structures on aircraft systems by following manufacturing planning, blueprints, schematics, process specifications, engineering sketches, written and oral instructions.
- Use specialized tools and test equipment as well as various hand tools electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic equipment.
- Inspect assemblies, component parts, and airframe structures for nonconformance. Report to manufacturing self-examination (MSE), corrective action (C/A), or manufacturing supervision on any non-conformance.
- Ensure all assemblies and detail parts are free of Foreign Object Debris (FOD) and nonconformance issues.
- Check units for compliance using hand held precision measuring equipment, such as calipers, micrometers, height gages and scales.
- Report all non-conformances to manufacturing supervision or corrective action representative.
- Prepare rejection tags noting deviations from specifications on dimensions, finishes, material, processes, or quality when required.
- Follow all safety procedures and reports unsafe conditions to safety officials or manufacturing supervision.
- Report on job status and restraints to coworkers and supervision.
- Identify production inefficiencies and suggest potential improvements to product or process.
- Knowledgeable and skilled in the use of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture of composite parts and assemblies.
- Knowledgeable of the chemical composition, structure, and properties of substances and of the chemical processes and transformations that they undergo. This includes uses of chemicals and their interactions, danger signs, production techniques, and disposal methods.
- Knowledgeable and able to interpret blueprints, sketches and written and verbal instructions.
- Knowledgeable and able to apply shop math.
- Knowledgeable and able to use computer systems for office and shop applications
- Skilled in listening and interpersonal participation, and able to work with others as part of a team which includes giving and receiving feedback, and assisting others in completion of tasks.
- Able to complete and maintain all required training and certifications needed to do your job efficiently.
Education and/or Training Requirement
- This job requires specialized vocational training and 1 to 3 years work related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3+ years composite experience
Our client is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners, defense, space and security systems, and service provider of aftermarket support. As America’s biggest manufacturing exporter, the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Our clients products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft, satellites, weapons, electronic and defense systems, launch systems, advanced information and communication systems, and performance-based logistics and training.
As an employee of Strom Aviation, you will receive benefits including holiday pay, longevity pay, access to a 401K program and insurance coverage (medical, dental, life, disability). We offer travel pay, bonuses, and other incentives for some positions as well. A referral is the best compliment we can get, and Strom Aviation offers 2 different referral programs for our employees.
Our recruiters strive to connect qualified individuals with opportunities. With hundreds of jobs across the nation, Strom offers opportunities no matter where you are.
Contact: Strom Jobs