- Read and interpret F-22 engineering drawings, technical manuals, structure repair manuals, understanding symbols, flags, and general notes - Identify aircraft locations by station, butt-line, and waterline as shown on engineering documentation and technical orders.
- Work with precision measuring instruments, micrometers, calipers, tape measures, and standard scales. Utilizes tools to include but not limited to drills, angle motors, shears, drill press, and pneumatic riveter.
- Fabricate detail parts such as shims, splices, gussets, angles, brackets, doublers, stiffeners, and patches - Use shop aids to facilitate assembly and installation as required.
- Bonding of aircraft parts, assemblies and materials on complete and incomplete aircraft
- exercising a complete knowledge of bonding practices, procedures, makes layouts and locates parts and material for exacting fit where critical surface contours, edge distances or coordinated dimensions must be established and maintained;
- completes all bonding operations exercising ingenuity in determining the most efficient fabrication and assembly methods;
- verifies application/condition of installed materials for conformity to specifications and determines material and time required to perform repairs;
- removes, takes corrective action and makes reinstallations where design and modification changes.
- Sets up and operates various types of material testers and mixers
- Client is looking for at least 4 years experience working with Low Observation Coating on aircraft.
- Active Secret Clearance Required
- Must be a US Citizen for this project
- Must have a valid drivers license
- No tools required
- Must be willing to travel
This facility is part of a global security and aerospace company that is engaged in the research, design, development, manufacture, integration, and sustainment of technology systems, products, and services.
As an employee of Strom Aviation, you will receive benefits including holiday pay, longevity pay, access to a 401K program and insurance coverage (medical, dental, life, disability). We offer travel pay, bonuses, and other incentives for some positions as well. A referral is the best compliment we can get, and Strom Aviation offers 2 different referral programs for our employees.
Our recruiters strive to connect qualified individuals with opportunities. With hundreds of jobs across the nation, Strom offers opportunities no matter where you are.
Contact: Strom Jobs