- Lays out, assembles, pre-fits, and bonds a variety of metal, composite or laminate fabrications, assemblies, parts, skins or equipment.
- Follows engineering and manufacturing specifications and orders to determine parts to be bonded and the temperature and pressure required.
- Cuts parts or materials to size. Operates autoclave, hydraulic presses and ovens to complete the bonding cycle. Sands, burrs and smoothes over areas.Applies sealing resins to cut or exposed edges.
- Process methods and sequences vary depending on compounds, contours and lay-up transitions.
- May perform complicated rework or repair.
- May monitor and verify quality in accordance with controlled procedures.
- The Company will provide appropriate assistance in job training to enable employees to perform all necessary job functions including the following:
- Utilize lay-up tools, which include both optical and hard tools, in the fabrication of composite and metal assemblies.
- Obtain required information from prints, charts, sketches, work orders, documents, verbal and electronic information.
- Use shop mathematics and precision measuring instruments to complete work assignments.
- Must verify work performed is per work instruction and meets process and/or engineering specification.
- Ensure equipment and tool certification occurs per procedure.
- Use and control of solvents and cleaning solutions in the preparation of details, tools, and assemblies for bonding and paint per established procedures.
- Perform routine minor machine maintenance as part of their daily work duties.
- Routinely move product within the immediate manufacturing work area, including across isle, using shop assigned equipment as required and complete transactions necessary to move product to the next operation.
- On an exception basis,moves product to the next operation within a building.
- Support the continuous flow of product within the manufacturing process by training and assisting other employees.
- Trains to become MVP qualified.
- In addition, each employee may be asked, on occasion, to complete other duties and responsibilities as required by Spirit leadership.
- Training and certification will be provided for the additional work when required.
- 2-5 years of experience in composites.
- Aerospace experience required
- Must be able to start ASAP
Client is headquarters in Wichita, Kansas, USA, is one of the world’s largest non-OEM designers and manufacturers of aerostructures for commercial and defense aircraft. In addition to its Wichita facilities, Client has locations in Tulsa and McAlester, Oklahoma; Kinston, North Carolina; Prestwick, Scotland; Subang, Malaysia; and Saint-Nazaire, France. The company’s core products include fuselages, pylons, nacelles and wing components. Additionally, they provide maintenance, repair and overhaul services.
As one of the world’s largest tier-one manufacturers and suppliers of aerostructures, our client applies research and emerging technologies in designing, fabricating, assembling and integrating components and structures for premier commercial and defense aerospace programs
As an employee of Strom Aviation, you will receive benefits including holiday pay, longevity pay, access to a 401K program and insurance coverage (medical, dental, life, disability). We offer travel pay, bonuses, and other incentives for some positions as well. A referral is the best compliment we can get, and Strom Aviation offers 2 different referral programs for our employees.
Our recruiters strive to connect qualified individuals with opportunities. With hundreds of jobs across the nation, Strom offers opportunities no matter where you are.
Contact: Strom Jobs
Strom Aviation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, military and veteran status, disability status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you are a person with disability needing assistance with the application process, please contact us at email@example.com