This mechanic maintains repairs and modifies aircraft structures and structural components of moderate difficulty, maintains and repairs aircraft components including but not limited to flight controls, engines, hydraulics, pneumatics, fuel systems, and mechanical components, applies technical knowledge of airframe and power plant systems in determining equipment malfunctions and applies required expertise in restoring equipment condition and or operation, and applies comprehensive technical expertise to solve moderate to complex problems by interpreting technical documentation such as; blueprints or manufactures' manuals.
Must have a thorough knowledge of aircraft repair procedures and replacement of parts, requires broad knowledge of aircraft sheet metal/structural modifications and repair, must have thorough knowledge of aircraft unique tools such as test equipment, torque wrenches, dial indicators, micrometers, sheet metal brakes and sheers. This job requires working knowledge of technical publications. The incumbent receives technical guidance, as required, from supervisor or higher-level technician, will occasionally be required to lead teams through more complex aircraft relevant tasks, and may be required to make entries in aircraft logs and records. Must be able to prioritize workload to maintain schedules on assigned projects.
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
Must have 5 years experience.
Description :Assemble, install, seal, rig, inspect, and complete precision and other structural and system components, working from drawings, documents, process specifications, quality control requirements, and established processes and procedures. Functional test and correct, fit form and function of assemblies and components.
The Company will provide appropriate assistance in job training to enable employees to perform all necessary job functions including the following:
1. Work with blueprints, changes, specifications, work orders, etc. to assemble and install to quality requirements parts and assemblies.
2. Complete required data gathering transactions to facilitate assembly progression.
3. Setup and perform all manual and automated assembly operations, and portable machine functions required to accomplish assignments.
4. Perform any and all required pickup, rework, fabrication, change incorporation, functional testing or check during or after final assembly and/or assembly progression.
5. Move and/or obtain correct parts, materials, tools, assemblies, etc.
6. Use precision measuring instruments required to accomplish work assignments.
7. Report and/or investigate job handicaps such as: errors in parts, assembly procedures, tools, sequences, etc.
8. Perform routine minor machine maintenance as part of their daily work duties (e.g., where applicable, replacing machine filters, changing standard light bulbs on machines and equipment, maintaining lubrication/coolant levels, etc. as related to basic Total Preventative Maintenance duties).
9. Routinely move product within the immediate manufacturing work area, including across isle, using shop assigned equipment as required and complete transactions necessary to move product to the next operation. On an exception basis, move product to the next operation within a building.
10. Support the continuous flow of product within the manufacturing process by training, coaching and assisting employees of all classification levels.
11. Document any discrepancies according to specification, process, and procedure.
12. Cross trains in inspection and becomes SIA qualified.
Skill: Sheetmetal Mechanic
Duration: 3+ months (open ended)
Location: Oklahoma City OK
Aircraft: 737, MD-80, CRJ, ERJ, C-40
Salary: please call Strom Aviation for compensation details (800) 743-8988; Bonuses Offered
Must be able to accomplish any and all repairs, modification, E.A.'s, etc, with minimal or no supervision on commercial and regional aircraft. Must be able to use SRM, all tech data, and aircraft drawing to locate part numbers and accomplish repairs. Must be able to fabricate part. Must be able to accomplish cold working, flap peening, etc. Document maintenance performed on required forms.