- Sets up, operates and monitors CNC, NC, manual and other related equipment to accomplish the required operations as defined by the work instruction, routing, and/or print.
- Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Utilizes ISO compliant documentation and/or processes to determine dimensions and tolerance of finished workpiece, sequence of operations and setup requirements.
- Selects, aligns, and secures specified holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories and materials on machines such as mills, lathes, grinders, sanders, drill presses, computerized engraving machines, and riveting machines.
- With supervision, calculates and sets controls to regulate specified machining factors such as speed, feed, and depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input or edit computerized machine control media.
- Starts and observes machine operations to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls or media as required.
- Verifies conformance of finished first article workpiece to specifications and conducts subsequent inspection of workpiece in accordance to the machine shop's statistical process control (SPC) inspection system.
- Confers with lead person, machine shop supervisor or others to resolve machining or assembly problems.
- Verifies dimension and alignment of assembly; fits and assembles parts into complete assembly.
- Approve setup, move material and ensure that machines are in a safe, clean and orderly manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 3+ years experience on manual machines (lathes, mills, boring mills) with setup experience.
- CNC skills in Fanuc Controls a plus
Our client specializes in the repair and overhaul of instrumentation, aircraft accessories, landing gear and airframe components for both fixed-wing and rotary-wing aircraft for the commercial, military and business aviation markets.
As an employee of Strom Aviation, you will receive benefits including holiday pay, longevity pay, access to a 401K program and insurance coverage (medical, dental, life, disability). We offer travel pay, bonuses, and other incentives for some positions as well. A referral is the best compliment we can get, and Strom Aviation offers 2 different referral programs for our employees.
Our recruiters strive to connect qualified individuals with opportunities. With hundreds of jobs across the nation, Strom offers opportunities no matter where you are.
Contact: Strom Jobs
Strom Aviation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, military and veteran status, disability status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you are a person with disability needing assistance with the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org