- Performs part-fitting operations such as filing, sawing, burring, crimping, trimming, riveting, drilling, and reaming.
- Measures parts with micrometers and calipers to verify dimensions.
- Operates all power tools and equipment necessary to accomplish job assignment.
- Clean, strip, prime and sand structural surfaces and materials prior to bonding.
- Completes all required maintenance records.
- Accurately records time worked on a work order.
- Ability to read work orders, blueprints, and specifications to determine repair or fabrication procedures and sequence of operations.
- Knowledge and experience repairing sheet, extruded, or other structural parts of aircraft according to design specifications using hand tools, power tools, and metalworking machinery.
- Ability to read design specifications or examine sample parts to determine fabrication procedures and machines and tools required for repair or installation.
- Trims and files parts to fit and verifies fitting tolerances, using measuring instruments.
- Drills, reams, and countersinks holes in subassemblies, and bolts, rivets, or otherwise fastens subassemblies into structural assembly.
- Installs parts and components, such as incidental plumbing, electrical, rigging, or other functional items, in main structure.
- Confers with other workers to expedite heat-treating, anodizing, or other specified processing of repair parts. Performs miscellaneous duties to service aircraft.
- May specialize in work, or repair and modification of structural, precision, and functional spare parts and assemblies.
- Communicates with the customer as required.
- Must be able to use the FAA approved data proficiently (i.e., IPC, M/M, OHM, SRM).
- Must have knowledge of design techniques, principles, tools and instruments involved in the production and use of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Ability to lift to 50 pounds
- 2+ years aviation assembly/sheet metal experience
- Pre-employment drug test required. Minimum tool list requirement.
- Looking for candidates to perform cargo assembly and modifications on Boeing and Airbus aircraft components.
- Reads work orders, blueprints, and specifications.
- Must be able to use all tech data and aircraft drawings to locate part numbers and accomplish repairs.
- Communicates with other workers to fit and align heavy parts or expedite processing of repair parts.
- Cleans, strips, primes, and sands structural surfaces and materials prior to bonding.
- Must be able to accomplish repairs, modifications, drawing changes, etc. at times with little assistance.
- Repair body or structure of aircraft according to specifications.
- Wiring harness installation experience a plus, but not required.
Our client offers world-leading conversions, cutting-edge aircraft modification options, and a full complement of integrated aircraft services. Airlines, OEMs, MROs, and leasing companies around the globe choose them for quality response, quick turnaround, economical pricing, less stress, and scalable solutions.
As an employee of Strom Aviation, you will receive benefits including holiday pay, longevity pay, access to a 401K program and insurance coverage (medical, dental, life, disability). We offer travel pay, bonuses, and other incentives for some positions as well. A referral is the best compliment we can get, and Strom Aviation offers 2 different referral programs for our employees.
Our recruiters strive to connect qualified individuals with opportunities. With hundreds of jobs across the nation, Strom offers opportunities no matter where you are.
Contact: Strom Jobs
Strom Aviation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, military and veteran status, disability status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you are a person with disability needing assistance with the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org