Currently seeking an Airworthiness Inspector Sr for Savannah, GA with 6+ Years of Aircraft Inspection Experience - Airframe and Powerplant License Required - (Long Term Position-No Tools Required)
Airframe and Powerplant License required.
The Airworthiness Inspector physically inspects aircraft, aircraft components, and reviews related paperwork to ensure that workmanship meets acceptable standards of quality, and that customer aircraft are returned to service in an airworthy condition with all required documentation properly completed and filed.
- 1. Responsible for all quality control inspections on aircraft/components in the Repair Station.
- 2. Completes inspections of aircraft, engine, and component repairs and alterations to ensure conformity to FAA approved/acceptable data.
- 3. Coordinates mechanical, electrical and inspection requirements on the aircraft during maintenance or outfitting.
- 4. Keeps accurate, neat and legible records of the work performed on aircraft/components.
- 5. Coordinates throughout assigned jobs with RTS to ensure accurate aircraft records are produced in a timely manner.
- 6. Conducts audits of maintenance documentation for accuracy and completion on all aircraft prior to approval for return to service.
- 7. Ensures aircraft/components are airworthy prior to any flight activities.
- 8. Mentors technicians on effective documentation.
- 1. Accomplishes research of Aircraft Log Books and or computer maintenance programs to identify ongoing inspection programs, status of aircraft within those programs, Airworthiness Directive status, and Service Bulletin status.
- 2. Continually monitors repair station compliance with FAR Part 145 and the FAA accepted site Repair Station and Quality Control Manual.
- 3. Assists leads and supervisors in training of Airworthiness Inspectors. Promote high standards of quality through instruction and by setting the example.
- 4. Works with and instructs subordinate mechanics/technicians in troubleshooting and operational/functional procedures.
- 5. Signs FAA 8130-9 Statement of conformity on projects completed on his/her aircraft.
- 6. May perform ODA functions as assigned.
- 7. In support of aircraft certification and final phase testing, may include flight tests on aircraft as required.
- 8. Performs other duties as assigned.
*Tools will not be required as client utilizes consolidated/shared tool boxes.
Unique Skills: Must be able to support AAP on all shifts 24 /7 on extended or alternate shifts and weekends.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Graduate/GED.
- Airframe and Powerplant License required.
- Six (6) years aircraft/component inspection experience to include (3) years experience on large or mid-size aircraft.
- Proficient in the utilization of Federal Aviation Regulations, FAA forms and documents.
- Proficient in blueprint reading and interpretation, shop mathematics and QC Procedures.
This facility designs, develops, manufactures, markets, and services business jet aircraft.
This facility's #1 core value is INTEGRITY. They are looking for a person who has integrity, has a good attitude, and is looking for a long term opportunity to grow with the largest corporate aircraft manufacturer in the world.
As an employee of Strom Aviation, you will receive benefits including holiday pay, longevity pay, access to a 401K program and insurance coverage (medical, dental, life, disability). We offer travel pay, bonuses, and other incentives for some positions as well. A referral is the best compliment we can get, and Strom Aviation offers 2 different referral programs for our employees.
Our recruiters strive to connect qualified individuals with opportunities. With hundreds of jobs across the nation, Strom offers opportunities no matter where you are.
Contact: Strom Jobs