- Assembles, disassembles and/or modifies systems by changing, removing, replacing or upgrading aerospace vehicle components to correct failures or implement changes.
- Oversees assembly, disassembly or overhaul.
- Configures aerospace vehicles and bench test equipment.
- Troubleshoots complex pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical systems to isolate mechanical or electrical faults and repair faulty components.
- Performs validation/verification testing of systems and components.
- Documents procedures and established processes to ensure contractual and regulatory compliance (e.g., repairs, test results, applicable modifications and inspection results). Inspects components and verifies repairs for flight worthiness requirements.
- Oversees training.
- Works under general direction.
- Inspects component before installation or usage to verify cleanliness and serviceability of components. Fabricates and modifies aerospace products according to specifications. Performs tasks associated with the safe handling of a aerospace vehicle.
- Documents procedures and established processes to ensure contractual and regulatory compliance (e.g., repairs, test results, applicable modifications and inspection results).
- MUST HAVE HELD ACTIVE CLEARANCE IN PAST 24 MONTHS. Interim Secret Required to Start
- Individuals must possess their own personal standard tools and possess personal safety shoes compliant with ANSI standards.
- Education/experience typically acquired through basic education (e.g. High School diploma/GED) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. vocational school/Associate+2 years' related work, Bachelor, etc.).
- Experienced in the use of tooling assemblies and fixtures for depot level modification and repair of structural parts.
- Able to perform close tolerance drilling, reaming, removal, and installation to critical support structures and fracture critical areas.
- Ability and understanding of locating blind holes necessary for installation of new structural items to existing structure.
- Perform efforts associated with sealing, painting, shimming, and preserving structure in accordance with standard repair processes.
- Some general mechanic work will be required
Our client is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners, defense, space and security systems, and service provider of aftermarket support. As America’s biggest manufacturing exporter, the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Our clients products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft, satellites, weapons, electronic and defense systems, launch systems, advanced information and communication systems, and performance-based logistics and training.
As an employee of Strom Aviation, you will receive benefits including holiday pay, longevity pay, access to a 401K program and insurance coverage (medical, dental, life, disability). We offer travel pay, bonuses, and other incentives for some positions as well. A referral is the best compliment we can get, and Strom Aviation offers 2 different referral programs for our employees.
Our recruiters strive to connect qualified individuals with opportunities. With hundreds of jobs across the nation, Strom offers opportunities no matter where you are.
Contact: Strom Jobs