Under minimal supervision, effectively prepare and paint major sub-assemblies and other parts of aircraft in production made according to specifications and schedule requirements.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform technical evaluation to establish sequence of operations and ensure correct method of manufacturing, assembly, installation, and detail components.
- Troubleshoot any problem area concerning department tooling, production assembly, and aircraft systems.
- Perform a variety of activities including preparation of surfaces and mixing paints.
- Paints aircraft, small parts, and various surfaces according to required specifications.
- Interpret blueprints and read work orders, sketches, and operation sheets to comply with requirements.
- Monitor and record equipment readings (pressure, humidity, oven temp history gauges etc.).
- Perform layout and masking as necessary.
- Mix paints, primers, etc. according to specifications.8. Paint major assemblies (including metal, fiberglass and composite material), detail parts, and apparatus related to ground support.
- Strip paint and prepare surfaces as required.
- Perform miscellaneous paint operations and applies decals.
- Maintain a neat and orderly work area, supports the company 5S and Lean Initiative Programs and complies with all safety regulations.
- Demonstrate Gulfstream Manufacturing competencies in the Employee Effectiveness Review.
- Provide guidance and training to more junior members of the department.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School diploma/GED. Requires knowledge of tools, equipment, and materials used in painting trade and methods of mixing paint colors.
- A Q-Stamp is required if applicable to respective work area.
- Three (3) years painting/paint preparation experience.
- Proficiency in current personal computer based software.
- Exhibit a high level of proficiency in technical evaluation, application methods and processes.
- Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position.
- Must be able to work any shift.
This facility designs, develops, manufactures, markets, and services business jet aircraft.
This facility's #1 core value is INTEGRITY. They are looking for a person who has integrity, has a good attitude, and is looking for a long term opportunity to grow with the largest corporate aircraft manufacturer in the world.
As an employee of Strom Aviation, you will receive benefits including holiday pay, longevity pay, access to a 401K program and insurance coverage (medical, dental, life, disability). We offer travel pay, bonuses, and other incentives for some positions as well. A referral is the best compliment we can get, and Strom Aviation offers 2 different referral programs for our employees.
Our recruiters strive to connect qualified individuals with opportunities. With hundreds of jobs across the nation, Strom offers opportunities no matter where you are.
Contact: Strom Jobs