Currently seeking Sheetmetal Technicians in Savannah, GA with 2+ years of Sheetmetal Repair Experience on Business Jets (Long Term Position-No Tools Required)
S-M Mechanic will get 3 weeks hands on training before working on the aircraft including experience with:
- Drilling Closer Tolerance Holes
The Sheetmetal Technician II works under general supervision to safely layout, fabricate and install parts, equipment and fabricated items on aircraft following established operating procedures. All work performed should be in accordance with company design specifications, quality standards and completed work should meet customer expectations.
- Safely perform sheet-metal layout, fabrication, and installation of parts, equipment or fabricated items on aircraft under general supervision.
- Coordinate with supervision and Inspection to ensure compliance with internal and FAA paperwork, sign-offs and quality specifications.
- Use blueprints to cut and form plastics and follow standard operating procedures when using adhesives, sealants and solvents.
- Utilizing proper tooling, shape and form complex angles and configurations according to blueprint specifications or written/verbal information.
- Safely operate shop equipment such as: brakes, presses, riveting equipment, shears, and hand tools associated with sheet-metal functions.
- Use the proper hardware for various sheetmetal applications.
- Comply with all safety, 5S, and housekeeping policies.
- Use personal protective equipment as required.
- Ensure aircraft interior is protected (PTP).
- Assist in monthly 5S audits.
- Use the material tracking system to create parts demand, track squawks and to sign-off work.
- Assist in developing initiatives to meet individual OGSM requirements, as required.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities (e.g. YIAW, Kaizen events, etc.).
- Properly use and maintain company-provided tools and equipment and returns items to tool room after use.
- Ensure standard operating procedures are followed when operating ground support equipment.
- Properly collect and dispose of waste fuel, oil, hydraulic fluids, de-icing fluids, and solvent rags.
- Ensure accurate daily job charging to the aircraft.
- Exchange job related information and coordinate work activities between shifts through turn over report meetings and direct contact with leadership.
- Assist in maintaining shop equipment and associated JSAs.
- Perform other duties as required.
*Tools will not be required as client utilizes consolidated/shared tool boxes.
Some experience in working with saw/shear equipment, band saws, brake presses and drills required.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Two (2) years related structural assembly experience.
- Experience working with Solumina and Smarteam preferred.
- A working knowledge of sheet-metal installation and fabrication processes (measuring, cutting, bending, forming, and drilling of aluminum sheet stock, angle and honeycomb) is required.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and engineering documentation.
- Valid drivers license required to operate towing and other transportation equipment.
- Able to use tools and equipment associated with sheetmetal installation and fabrication work.
- Must have a good working knowledge of computers and experience working with Microsoft Office suite.
This facility designs, develops, manufactures, markets, and services business jet aircraft.
This facility's #1 core value is INTEGRITY. They are looking for a person who has integrity, has a good attitude, and is looking for a long term opportunity to grow with the largest corporate aircraft manufacturer in the world.
As an employee of Strom Aviation, you will receive benefits including holiday pay, longevity pay, access to a 401K program and insurance coverage (medical, dental, life, disability). We offer travel pay, bonuses, and other incentives for some positions as well. A referral is the best compliment we can get, and Strom Aviation offers 2 different referral programs for our employees.
Our recruiters strive to connect qualified individuals with opportunities. With hundreds of jobs across the nation, Strom offers opportunities no matter where you are.
Contact: Strom Jobs
Strom Aviation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, military and veteran status, disability status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you are a person with disability needing assistance with the application process, please contact us at email@example.com