- The Upholsterer is responsible for using sound judgment and technical aptitude to make decisions regarding upholstery and trim completions.
- The Upholsterer is technically competent in aircraft upholstery, and is expected to be able to accomplish the vast majority of his/her duties with minimal supervision.
- Customer satisfaction hinges upon sound decisions and expedient action on the part of the Upholsterer.
- As customers are on site at the facilities, professional appearance and communication skills are required in order to create a positive and lasting professional relationship.
The Upholsterer IV performs upholstery and trim completions on complex patterns and prints. This position will research and develop upholstery schemes utilizing blueprints, engineering orders, service bulletins, and other technical publications. He/she may oversee and direct Upholsterer I, II and III Positions and assist the Trim Department Crew Chiefs and Leads.
- Plans and develops lay-outs for upholstery construction and installation by interpreting blueprints, sketches, service bulletins, OEM or government specifications, engineering orders, or other technical publications.
- Cuts, trims, fits, sews, and adheres fabrics to furniture and interior surfaces (chairs, divans, headliners, side-panels, engine and propeller covers, decorative trim, drapery, etc.) in a manner that is within specifications and is pleasing to the customer.
- Strips fabric from aircraft interiors and surfaces to prepare for remodeling and recovering.
- Cuts perform foam rubber, covers it with sheeting or fabric covers, and attaches it to the furniture framework.
- Trims, cuts, and installs carpeting by use of patterns.
- Hand-forms wet or dry leather to divans and chairs and uses heat to form vinyl materials.
- Selects and procures materials, equipment, and tooling required to perform the assigned work. Repairs and adjusts upholstery tooling and machinery.
- Documents all work accomplished (a.k.a. sign-off) in a clear, concise, and accurate manner.
- Works fair share of overtime and travels to customer locations or other facilities as required.
- Responsible for knowing, understanding, following, promoting, and continuously improving company policies and procedures.
- Observes all safety, environmental, and general housekeeping rules and policies.
- May perform other duties as required by the department.
High School diploma or equivalent.
They are looking for specific experience working on aircraft seating from start to finish including foam build, patterning, sewing, and assembly
Prior Seat Upholstery experience in the aviation industry, minimum of five (5) years.
- Must be proficient in cutting, sewing, stretching, and cementing a variety of natural and synthetic fabrics.
- Must have proven technical aptitude.
- Must have proven experience using a variety of hand power tools, including the ability to set-up and operate sewing machines
- Pattern, foam build-up, sewing, assembling and disassembling
- Performs upholstery and trim completions on complex patterns and prints.
- Researches and develops upholstery schemes using blueprints, engineering orders, service bulletins, and other technical publications.
- Ability to interpret complex prints to plan, lay out, and accomplish custom upholstery and trim.
- Sufficient mathematical skills in order to compute material requirements from prints.
- Must be able to compute three dimensional patterns from single dimension prints.
- Must be able to read and comprehend written instructions, and speak and write clearly to communicate and document work performed.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds walk, bend, stretch, and climb ladders.
- Must be able to work in strained or fatiguing positions for long periods of time.
- Must be able to see to perform cutting, sewing, and trim work.
- Must be able to manipulate equipment of all sizes, hand and power tools, computer keyboards, and telephones.
- Must have excellent hand-to-eye coordination.
- Must be able to work outside in extreme temperatures and inclement weather.
- This facility is a Class 4 FAA repair station providing services for airframe, avionics and turbine engine inspection and repair, airframe paint, complete interior refurbishments and modifications, as well as major avionics modifications and upgrades.
- A Falcon Service Center since 1995, this facilities technicians, project managers and engineers also have the experience and expertise to support highly complex projects on the vast majority of corporate aircraft in service today including Bombardier, Gulfstream, Hawker, Cessna and Embraer.
As an employee of Strom Aviation, you will receive benefits including holiday pay, longevity pay, access to a 401K program and insurance coverage (medical, dental, life, disability). We offer travel pay, bonuses, and other incentives for some positions as well. A referral is the best compliment we can get, and Strom Aviation offers 2 different referral programs for our employees.
Our recruiters strive to connect qualified individuals with opportunities. With hundreds of jobs across the nation, Strom offers opportunities no matter where you are.
Contact: Strom Jobs