The Fabrication Quality Control Inspector role exists to ensure aircraft parts, assemblies, and installations manufactured under the customer's Quality Control Manual for parts manufacturing conform to the applicable data, insuring safety and reliability of aircraft modified by the customer.
- Dimensionally and visually inspect aircraft modification parts for conformity to drawings at pertinent steps of manufacture
- Identify, document, and report discrepancies found during inspections
- Perform final inspections of manufacturing work packets to ensure all paperwork is completed according to established standards
- Update pass/fail rates spreadsheets to aid in visual management initiatives
- Research applicable standards required during the manufacturing process to aid in the conformity of parts.
- Communicate department needs and improvement initiatives to the Fabrication/Receiving Supervisor.
- Assist in the performance of Receiving Inspections when not otherwise tasked.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to perform inspection duties by interpreting engineering data and applying to parts
- Ability to make decisions regarding inspections based on data
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products and the ability to use and effectively navigate ERP program, time clock and company intranet
- Ability to follow directions and remain on task
- A thorough understanding through previous experience manufacturing and/or inspecting structural and Avionics parts and assemblies.
- A thorough understanding of aircraft maintenance procedures, aviation standards and FAA regulations
- Ability to work in close proximity to other people with a cooperative attitude
- Manage time to effectively meet company priorities
- Ability to inspect parts with intent to pass as to allow for seamless production
- High School diploma or equivalent required; college degree through a technical/vocational school is preferred
- 10+ years’ experience performing manufacture of machined or fabricated parts, and/or avionics kits required.
Our client provides turboprop and jet aircraft solutions for government and commercial customers worldwide. Quick turnaround, creative aircraft modification, and operational excellence are important reasons why they excel when it comes to delivering special-mission aviation solutions.
As an employee of Strom Aviation, you will receive benefits including holiday pay, longevity pay, access to a 401K program and insurance coverage (medical, dental, life, disability). We offer travel pay, bonuses, and other incentives for some positions as well. A referral is the best compliment we can get, and Strom Aviation offers 2 different referral programs for our employees.
Our recruiters strive to connect qualified individuals with opportunities. With hundreds of jobs across the nation, Strom offers opportunities no matter where you are.
IND18 Contact: Strom Jobs