Currently seeking A&P Jr. Mechanics and/or Aircraft Mechanics with a Minimum of 1 Year Experience in Minnepolis, MN
- “A” Airframe or “P” Powerplant License Required, if an A&P Jr. (ie New Grad w/ A&P License) will be a fit as well
- The Preferred Fulltime Employee contract Aircraft Support Mechanic (ASM) performs various tasks using appropriate equipment in the use of technical functions related to Aircraft Maintenance.
- These tasks include, Airframe and Engine/Component Mtc .
- This position may require other technical functions as developed.
- This position requires a working knowledge, understanding and familiarity with approved manuals and procedures as associated with the job function.
- Practices safety conscious behaviors in all operational processes and procedures.
- Shifts are historically 4-day/10 hour work days over three shifts options. Shift: 9pm-7am (7 days per week). 4day/10 hr work day.
- Shifts will be determined by the lead onsite manager.
- However this positions appears to be a Monday thru Friday Shift. ( Still Need to be Shift Flexible)
- Have a valid driver's license
- Be able to DOT drug test
- Be authorized to work in the US
- Have the ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays
- Successfully Complete full AMT testing ( 4 ) Mechanical Aptitude, Spatial Relations, Job Orientation, Troubleshooting
- Successfully complete Pre- Employment Screening
- The PFE ASM position requires a high school diploma or equivalent.
- An Airframe and Powerplant license and Avionics experience is preferred, but not required.
- A minimum of one license is required along with the ability to secure the second license within 12 months of employment.
- Candidate must be willing to work rotating or fixed shifts.
- Additionally, candidate must be able to read and write English and comprehend and apply information contained in technical manuals.
- Candidate must also be able to work and operate in a safe and compliant manner.
- Must be able to work without close supervision.
- Candidate should have strong organizational skills and be able to respond to changing or multiple work demands.
- Must possess basic understanding of mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic disciplines as they apply to aircraft systems.
- Must achieve a satisfactory score on tests structured to determine the ability to perform essential job functions. Must meet the physical requirements which qualify a person to perform essential job functions.
- Must be able to multi-task and work under pressure.
This facility is the maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) division of a major United States Airlines
- This facility is located at the Minneapolis/St. Paul International Airport and offers job stability, longevity and the ability to work in a climate controlled hangar.
- It's also located close to the Mall of America in Minneapolis, MN
This facility is the largest airline MRO in North Americaand the third largest worldwide. They serve more than 150 aviation and airline customers from around the world, specializing in high-skill work such as aircraft engines, airplane components, avionics, airframes and line maintenance. They currently employ more than 9,600 maintenance repair & overhaul professionals and is one of the most experienced aircraft MRO providers in the world with more than seven decades of aviation expertise.
As an employee of Strom Aviation, you will receive benefits including holiday pay, longevity pay, access to a 401K program and insurance coverage (medical, dental, life, disability). We offer travel pay, bonuses, and other incentives for some positions as well. A referral is the best compliment we can get, and Strom Aviation offers 2 different referral programs for our employees.
Our recruiters strive to connect qualified individuals with opportunities. With hundreds of jobs across the nation, Strom offers opportunities no matter where you are.
Contact: Strom Jobs