Currently seeking Aircraft Component Repair Technicians in Savannah, GA
Under moderate supervision, repair and overhaul internal and external aircraft assemblies, subassemblies and components in accordance with Repair Station requirements.
- Apply basic and some advance skills in procedures, techniques, tools, materials and/or equipment, as appropriate to area of specialization.
- Perform repairs of mechanical and electrical assemblies and subassemblies through removals, repair or replacement of defective parts and/or fabrication of replacement parts, and installations in accordance with blueprints, component maintenance manuals, vendor documents, verbal instructions, engineering dispositions, and other authorized maintenance data.
- All activities to be in accordance with Repair Station requirements ensuring all parts and assemblies meet conformance.
- Set up, maintain, and operate necessary test equipment in accordance with required documentation to perform functional and operational tests of mechanical and electrical aircraft components for return to service.
- Inspect all detail parts using blueprints, component and/or overhaul manuals and other required maintenance data to ensure conformity requirements are met.
- Remove skins and related components on flight controls and secondary structure components, locate and install/reinstall parts.
- Demonstrate effective repair techniques using acceptable practices including troubleshooting, soldering and application of protective coatings.
- Maintain and utilize all required paperwork in accordance with FAA RS requirements.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area.
- Comply with all company and legislative environmental health and safety regulations.
- Lays-out, removes, fabricates and/or installs major and minor repairs to flight controls and other secondary structure components (i.e: honeycomb core sandwich construction techniques, composite repair techniques, test bench operations, hydraulic press operations, servicing carts)
- Fabricate and repair sheetmetal and associated mechanical parts, components and/or equipment by rolling, shrinking, stretching, braking, riveting or other mechanical means.
- Remove & install APUs and perform all required APU maintenance for ALL Gulfstream aircraft models.
- Fabricate and repair wiring and electrical assemblies and harnesses utilizing acceptable repair and fabrication processes including splicing, soldering, and pinning of wires.
- Utilize training and tools to effectively troubleshoot complex electrical circuits and or systems during component repair process.
- Assist with training and instructing of Acft Component Repair I Techs.
- Resolves routine questions and problems, referring the more complex issues to higher levels.
*Tools will not be required as client utilizes consolidated/shared tool boxes.
Unique Skills: Ability to read drawings, use hand drills with experience in fastener installs.
Education and Experience Requirements:
High School Diploma/GED.
- Able to interpret blueprints, engineering docs and use precision measuring tools.
- Proficient operation of all tools/equip in the dept including glass bead & carboblast machines.
- Must possess basic understanding of shop math. 2 years experience in one of the following or other related experience: Sheetmetal, hydraulic overhaul, electrical/electronic harness buildup, electrical systems troubleshooting, battery servicing, APU removal, installation, and servicing.
This facility designs, develops, manufactures, markets, and services business jet aircraft.
This facility's #1 core value is INTEGRITY. They are looking for a person who has integrity, has a good attitude, and is looking for a long term opportunity to grow with the largest corporate aircraft manufacturer in the world.
As an employee of Strom Aviation, you will receive benefits including holiday pay, longevity pay, access to a 401K program and insurance coverage (medical, dental, life, disability). We offer travel pay, bonuses, and other incentives for some positions as well. A referral is the best compliment we can get, and Strom Aviation offers 2 different referral programs for our employees.
Our recruiters strive to connect qualified individuals with opportunities. With hundreds of jobs across the nation, Strom offers opportunities no matter where you are.
Contact: Strom Jobs