The Avionics Modifications Specialist installs, troubleshoots and repairs aircraft wiring and avionics systems using various hand tools, test equipment and technical reference materials to meet manufacturing specifications, facility approved procedures, FARs, and industry standards in a safe, clean and organized work area.
Essential Job Functions
1. With limited supervision, performs wire marking, bundling and pre-pinning of systems to be installed.
2. With limited supervision, performs routing of wiring throughout aircraft and connecting wiring to accessories such as relays, circuit breakers, connectors and switches. Learns and performs preparation and pinning of new system terminations per manufacturer specifications, Facility approved procedures, and FARs.
3. With limited supervision, disassembles and reassembles aircraft interior, instrument panels and avionics equipment bays prior to and/or following the installation of wiring and/or repair of avionics systems, using proper handling and storage techniques. Learns to properly document all removal and installation of aircraft parts and accessories according Installation approved procedures.
4. With limited supervision, performs wiring checks and limited/basic system checks to ensure functionality of wiring installations.
5. With limited supervision, adjusts, repairs or replaces defective parts and wiring on aircraft systems and avionics equipment.
6. With limited supervision, troubleshoots, identifies and reports problems to senior technicians. Identifies Engineering / OEM design errors and consults with senior technicians for a corrective course of action.
7. With limited supervision, documents a description of work completed on the work order and demonstrates an understanding of the work order procedure.
8. Maintains current industry, equipment and FAA knowledge by attending factory classes, OJT and by researching and reading technical documents, trade publications, FAR's, etc. Assists lesser-experienced technicians in interpreting Company policies and the FAR's.
9. Available to work all department alternate shifts as needed, and able to accomplish road trips within the United States and also other countries as needed.
10. Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
Our client is the largest family owned maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) facility in the world, providing complete acquisition, sales and nose-to-tail support services for business aircraft.
They provide premier aircraft services–delivered on time–for a wide variety of business aircraft at their facilities across the United States.
As an employee of Strom Aviation, you will receive benefits including holiday pay, longevity pay, access to a 401K program and insurance coverage (medical, dental, life, disability). We offer travel pay, bonuses, and other incentives for some positions as well. A referral is the best compliment we can get, and Strom Aviation offers 2 different referral programs for our employees.
Our recruiters strive to connect qualified individuals with opportunities. With hundreds of jobs across the nation, Strom offers opportunities no matter where you are.
IND18 Contact: Strom Jobs