Must have basic understanding, including:
- A good knowledge of the properties of paints and paint removers.
- Knowledge of paint processes
- Ability to paint without gravitational defects, sags, orange-peel etc.
- Ability to utilize standard spray paint equipment and tools
- Understanding of prep work necessary, such as removing old paint with paint remover and hand tools
- Able to read & understand technical data sheets
Must be willing to learn the following:
- Sanding, striping, etching, alodine, water break testing.
- Know paint & chemical mixing. Understand formulas, color charts & viscometer.
- Understand touchup: Strip/sand, masks & repaints that blends to match surrounding area
- Layout stripes, logos, numbers & emergency markings per blueprints. Using stencils, patterns or blue print measurements.
- Able to operate man lift.
- Pass DOT Pre-Employment Drug and Alcohol Test and Random Drug & Alcohol Post Employment Tests, as well as a background check.
- Wear a full face respirator
- Work will require bending, stooping, kneeling, crawling and standing for prolonged periods of time.
- Work at heights utilizing fall protection equipment (man lifts, ladders, stairs, stands etc.)
- Occasionally lifting up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to operate and hold 6 pound sander for extended periods of time.
Our client is a FAA Certified Repair Station providing avionics, interiors, and paint services for all types of aircraft.
As an employee of Strom Aviation, you will receive benefits including holiday pay, longevity pay, access to a 401K program and insurance coverage (medical, dental, life, disability). We offer travel pay, bonuses, and other incentives for some positions as well. A referral is the best compliment we can get, and Strom Aviation offers 2 different referral programs for our employees.
Our recruiters strive to connect qualified individuals with opportunities. With hundreds of jobs across the nation, Strom offers opportunities no matter where you are.
Contact: Strom Jobs