Unique Skills: Entry Level
Education and Experience Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent. Prior experience with civil or military aircraft avionics systems and/or installation is helpful.
Under direct supervision of the Mechanical Team Lead or Senior Tech, assist with the inspection, maintenance and repair of customer aircraft. In this position, the employee will gain knowledge of and familiarity with the Gulfstream aircraft, with internal procedures for work completion and quality control, and with the ways in which multiple shops must work together to meet production goals.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Goals of the Aircraft Tech Trainee are to gain experience in the inspection and maintenance of various Gulfstream aircraft systems (airframe structural, electrical, hydraulic, fuel, landing gear, flight controls and rigging, engines, conditioned air, anti-ice, and other sub-systems).
- Make effective use of technical reference resources (maintenance and repair manuals, wiring diagrams, vendors and manufacturer communiques, etc.) as required to identify correct part numbers, procedures, and materials.
- Learn to find information.
- Coordinate with the Inspection department to ensure compliance with internal and FAA inspection and documentation requirements.
- Properly complete parts change sheets, work order sign-offs, shift turn-overs, and other paper work in a timely manner.
- Ensure that work accomplished meets FAA requirements, customer specifications, and Gulfstream standard of quality.
- Properly identify (tag) customer property and equipment.
- Store aircraft components and other customer property securely and safely.
- Prevent damage to aircraft.
- Correctly and safely operate ground support equipment (external power carts, hydraulic mules, hydraulic lift platforms, tow tugs, forklifts, compressed gas cylinders, etc.).
- Assist Line Service with the movement and servicing of aircraft.
- Ensure that parts racks and cages remain near their respective aircraft.
Other Requirements: 1. Strong mechanical aptitude. 2. Enrollment in an Airframe & Powerplant license program preferred. 3. Essential communication skills include the ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language, and listening and computer keyboard skills.
Contact: Strom Jobs firstname.lastname@example.org