Skill: Interiors Technician
Duration: 3+ months
Location: Georgetown DE
Compensation: please call a recruiter for details at 800-743-8988
Candidates will perform the following tasks;
- Accomplish tasks using work methods and procedures, strictly in accordance with engineering drawings, manufacturer’s specifications, Process Standards and Airplane Maintenance Manuals.
- Read drawings and related data needed to perform removal and installation tasks.
- Accomplish assigned tasks properly and efficiently.
- Perform tasks in a manner that achieves the highest quality workmanship.
- Perform all tasks associated with the removal and installation of seats, bulkheads, galleys, lavatories, window panels, headliners, side walls, bag bins, and misc. interior items.
- Understanding of aircraft water systems, oxygen systems, wire harness connectors, and their relationship to interior removals and installation.
- Proper use of warning caps and plugs protecting disturbed systems.
- Complete documentation and tasks associated with interior removals; Identification tags, removal weight log, hardware bags, warning tags, and protection of parts for storage.
- Apply protective covering to components upon installation.
- Knowledge of basic aircraft stringer and frame station layout.
- Tasks associated with Formica, Tedlar, wood laminate, hardwood, carpet, and fabric recovering of interior components.
- Application of interior finishes including paint, stain, sealer, clear coat, and final detailing of components.
- Installation of floor coverings to include Mylar, vinyl padding, and carpets.
- Composite and honeycomb repairs. De-lamination repairs.
- Identify types of fiberglass and resins, installation of inserts, and structure hard point attachments.
- Application of adhesives, sealants, resins, fillers, and potting compounds.
- General knowledge related to upholstery tasks, material layout and patterns, and use of sewing and surge machines.
- Identify materials and hardware associated with job assignments.
- Usage of component, maintenance and standard repair manuals.
- Knowledge of interior sheet metal provisions and attach points that support component installs.
- Installation of structure provisions to support interior component install.
- Proper use of job related hand tools to accomplish interior removals and installation.
- Proper use of shop equipment to support component recovering and modifications.
- Installation of Cabin Comfort Insulation Kits.
- Final detailing of interior.
- Assure all paperwork requirements are kept current with job progress.
- Ability to fill in for a Lead if required.
- Maintain and record accurate time accounting records in CIMA; verify subordinates’ reporting.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment in accordance with company standards.
- Complete initial / recurrent training requirements in a timely manner.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Requires High School education or equivalent reading, writing, and math abilities.
- Must possess the expertise and personal skills to provide direction to Interior Mechanics including a fluent and solid understanding of aircraft interior component removals and installations, upholstery, cabinetry, carpeting, finishes and paint.
- Solid understanding of aircraft interior component removals and installations.
- Four plus years of experience with VIP aircraft interiors.
- Thorough understanding of interior component removals and installations.
- Proficient in the use of basic hand tools and equipment.
- Effective computer skills; Microsoft Office software and other company and discipline specific software applications.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be detail oriented with the ability to multi-task.
- Ability and willingness to work extended hours, when needed.
- Maintain a positive and professional attitude at all times, while setting a positive example for all employees.
- Read, write and understand the English language.
- Read, analyze, and interpret complex regulatory documents, technical documents, engineering drawings, regulations, procedures and manuals.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Exerting/lifting up to 50 lbs. occasionally and/or 25 lbs. frequently.
- Use of hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate precision tools / measuring equipment.
- Ability to maneuver in and out of and work in tight cramped areas; motions may include standing, sitting, kneeling and working overhead.
- This position may require specific vision abilities including close / far vision and color distinction.
- Ability to climb ladders, aircraft maintenance stands; operate boom lifts.
- VIP Completion Center
- Part 145 Repair
- Aircraft Maintenenace, Avionics Systems Installations, VIP Interior Refurbishments
- Aircraft serviced:
- B737 Series
- B727 Series
- Bombardier CL-600-2B19
- Embraer ERJ-190-100-ECJ
As an employee of Strom Aviation, you will receive benefits including holiday pay, longevity pay, access to a 401K program and insurance coverage (medical, dental, life, disability). We offer travel pay, bonuses, and other incentives for some positions as well. A referral is the best compliment we can get, and Strom Aviation offers 2 different referral programs for our employees.
Our recruiters strive to connect qualified individuals with opportunities. With hundreds of jobs across the nation, Strom offers opportunities no matter where you are.
IND18 Contact: Strom Jobs