• Safely perform installation, and/or fabrication of wide-body VIP aircraft interiors (which may include galleys, closets, lavatories, side ledges, bulkheads, doors and panels).
• Coordinate with supervision and Inspection to ensure compliance with Repair Station procedures, internal and FAA paperwork, sign-offs and quality specifications.
• Install cabin and cockpit seats and furniture
• Fabricates and does simple layout on such items as boxes, brackets, clips, etc.
• Seeks methods to cross train to develop technical skills and business knowledge. Will also be required to assist Aircraft Mechanics, under supervision, with aircraft maintenance requirements.
• Removes and installs all interior components and soundproofing materials to meet company quality standards
• Reads and interprets blueprints, drawings, and production procedures to determine measurements and installation procedures
• Measures and marks installation areas in aircraft interior, using measuring and marking instruments and templates
• Fits and installs items in aircraft, using hand tools, power tools, and fasteners, such as screws, rivets, bolts, and speed nuts
• Fabricates and installs supporting structural devices, such as clips, brackets, angles, gussets, and doublers, using shop equipment
• Tests functional performance of installed items
• Sets highest ethical standards for self and others.
• Other tasks as assigned.
Must be a U.S. Citizen
• With H/S or GED, must have a minimum of 6 years experience as an Aircraft Interiors Installer.
• With aircraft related Associate’s degree or A&P license + a minimum of 4 years experience as an Aircraft Interiors Installer on wide-body VIP aircraft.
• Advanced knowledge of wide-body VIP aircraft installation and/or fabrication processes applicable to the specific position, such as removal and installation of galleys, monument cabinets, closets, lavatories, side ledges, bulkheads, doors, panels; working with composite panels made from Nomex honeycomb, fiberglass, Lexan, acrylic materials, etc.
• Must have experience with basic hand tools and have knowledge of mechanical skills.
• Requires the ability to read, interpret and work from engineering drawings, blueprints, T.O. specs and engineering specifications.
• Ability to assemble close tolerance parts and use hand tools such as pneumatic drills and rivet gun.
• Must adhere to policies and procedures.
• Must wear approved PPE.
• Must have own tools. If hired, tools must be shadowed.
• May be required to be certified to operate self-propelled vehicles such as forklifts, scissor lifts, boom lifts and aircraft tow vehicles.
• Must be eligible to work any shift and overtime as required.
• Must be able to obtain security clearance.
Our customer in Waco TX has more than 30 years of experience as an aircraft systems integrator for programs, including maritime surveillance, advanced communications, avionics modernization and special-mission aircraft for military, commercial and OEM customers.
Headquartered in New York City, they are a prime contractor in aerospace systems. They are also a leading provider of a broad range of communication and electronic systems and products used on military and commercial platforms.
As an employee of Strom Aviation, you will receive benefits including holiday pay, longevity pay, access to a 401K program and insurance coverage (medical, dental, life, disability). We offer travel pay, bonuses, and other incentives for some positions as well. A referral is the best compliment we can get, and Strom Aviation offers 2 different referral programs for our employees.
Our recruiters strive to connect qualified individuals with opportunities. With hundreds of jobs across the nation, Strom offers opportunities no matter where you are.
IND18 Contact: Strom Jobs