• Knowledgeable in machine shop processes, geometric dimensioning & tolerances, and
machining capabilities of different types of materials (e.g., cutting speed and feed rates for
material being machined).
• Knowledgeable of machine capabilities & limitations, identifying and
resolving problems such as unusual sounds or vibrations in the machinery, changes in offset
values, and worn cutters/tool inserts.
• Knowledgeable and able to interpret engineering drawings, blueprints, sketches and written
and verbal instructions.
• Knowledgeable and able to apply mathematics including practical math, algebra, geometry
• Knowledgeable and able to use computer systems for office and shop applications
• Knowledgeable in safe working practices, emergency procedures and possible dangerous
• Knowledgeable and able to use computer systems for office and shop applications (e.g.,
drawings, specifications and other online information systems).
• Skilled in listening and interpersonal participation, and able to work with others as part of a
team which includes giving and receiving feedback, and assisting others in completion of
• Able to use various types of hand tools and/or hand-held power tools.
• Able to work close tolerances +/- .0002 on hardened materials using jig bore, surface grinder,
• Able to complete and maintain all required training and certifications needed to do your job
Our client is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners, defense, space and security systems, and service provider of aftermarket support. As America’s biggest manufacturing exporter, the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Our clients products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft, satellites, weapons, electronic and defense systems, launch systems, advanced information and communication systems, and performance-based logistics and training.
As an employee of Strom Aviation, you will receive benefits including holiday pay, longevity pay, access to a 401K program and insurance coverage (medical, dental, life, disability). We offer travel pay, bonuses, and other incentives for some positions as well. A referral is the best compliment we can get, and Strom Aviation offers 2 different referral programs for our employees.
Our recruiters strive to connect qualified individuals with opportunities. With hundreds of jobs across the nation, Strom offers opportunities no matter where you are.
Contact: Strom Jobs